Hobbies anyone??

Marko723

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Re depth of field, it depends how you set your camera if it's set to close up setting it should automatically set a larger aperture so if focusing on a flower for example the flower would be sharp and the foreground/background out of focus. The smaller the aperture, the more of the picture will be in focus.Some cameras have a function which if you press the shutter release half way down it will show you how much is in focus. I'm still clinging on by my fingernails to my film cameras. I know that if I went digital most of the pics would stay on the camera as I hate faffing around on the computer (and don't get me started on photoshop!)

For myself it's coming down to gaining more experience. In the world of photography I'm a relative newbie. Besides I like challenges in life. :)

Reactions: 2 people

Opalshards

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Liars, thieves, users, cruelty, doing the washing up. Lol

Opalshards

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I use the Panasonic FZ range of Bridge cameras. The latest model is reputed to be excellent. FZ1000. There are loads of good reviews on the internet.

Well it looks a great camera Bluetit. But as I haven't considered taking photography up as a hobby it is far to expensive for me. I have had a good look around and I have a Fuji Bridge camera in mind but haven't yet taken the plunge.

Bazzza

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've not really any hobbies. But I do love to buy and sell vinyl (records) I sell them to people all over the world via the internet and to local Dublin DJs who want them either for there sets (To be played in clubs) or they want them for their own collection.

Reactions: 5 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well it looks a great camera Bluetit. But as I haven't considered taking photography up as a hobby it is far to expensive for me. I have had a good look around and I have a Fuji Bridge camera in mind but haven't yet taken the plunge.

I have an earlier version, the FZ150. You can get them on Ebay or second hand from a camera shop.

Zaf326

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I really want to take up photography but just don't have the time. At the moment I have some tarantulas (over 100 at one point) a leopard gecko a crested gecko and couple of whites tree frogs.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
I really want to take up photography but just don't have the time. At the moment I have some tarantulas (over 100 at one point) a leopard gecko a crested gecko and couple of whites tree frogs.

Would be fascinating to see photos of your "pets!"

Time to take photos isn't too long. Simple things like a cup of coffee with the steam swirling out are lovely if they are the right cups and lighting. My GP is a fantastic photographer. After seeing them on his computer I said how great they would be on canvas down the corridors.... Now they are!!

You don't have to go far to take a photo of delight!

Opalshards

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
:woot:
You could take photos of your pets and freak us all out

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
I could take a picture of me and freak you all out!!!!
Good evening ... not been around for about a month and expected to find a bazillion new posts to trawl through but .... there were thirty odd ... has there been a mass curing while I wasn't looking?

Reactions: 4 people

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello @JACKTHELAD I thought I hadn't seen your posts. I used to play the guitar and sing and then spent quite a few years teaching steel band but now my hobby is knitting. I'm currently knitting my second Gansey for my partner. :)

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
Hello @JACKTHELAD I thought I hadn't seen your posts. I used to play the guitar and sing and then spent quite a few years teaching steel band but now my hobby is knitting. I'm currently knitting my second Gansey for my partner. :)
I bet you get some foot stomping rhythms going with those needles ... knit one pearl one knit one pearl one I got the knit one pearl one blues!!!

Reactions: 4 people

Zaf326

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Would be fascinating to see photos of your "pets!"

Time to take photos isn't too long. Simple things like a cup of coffee with the steam swirling out are lovely if they are the right cups and lighting. My GP is a fantastic photographer. After seeing them on his computer I said how great they would be on canvas down the corridors.... Now they are!!

You don't have to go far to take a photo of delight!

I suppose you are right. Now which camera to buy hmmm (I know nothing about cameras lol)

Zaf326

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
:woot:
You could take photos of your pets and freak us all out

Lol ok I'll post them
ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1414880759.104732.jpg

Brazilian salmon pink bird eater

Marko723

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
As a person with arachnophobia, don't even think I would approach armed with a broom.....<shudder>.

izzzi

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
The other day Opalshards made a beautiful hand made bracelet for me to give to my wife. I can only say that we were over pleased with the result,not to mention the great value.
It is so nice that we in this forum can also get that little extra from friends we never meet.
We have hidden the bracelet away for my wife's Christmas present, ( the problem now is we will have to buy my wife a Ferrari or Mercedes Benz to match this beautiful bracelet )

Reactions: 5 people

Opalshards

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes

images
The other day Opalshards made a beautiful hand made bracelet for me to give to my wife. I can only say that we were over pleased with the result,not to mention the great value.
It is so nice that we in this forum can also get that little extra from friends we never meet.
We have hidden the bracelet away for my wife's Christmas present, ( the problem now is we will have to buy my wife a Ferrari or Mercedes Benz to match this beautiful bracelet )

Ah that is so nice of you Izzzi. I knew it was a surprise so I wasn't expecting you to post in the forum. And I didn't want to show it off, in case your wife saw it. Thank you, I could not have had nicer feedback. Hugs June. x