Prescription Issues

dtennant9

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good you got prescription sorted.
Also good with the days you have.. So you will have weekend by yourself with saline, but go live on a Monday so you got 5 days to contact them if needed.
I went straight to live but also had a brilliant lot of help with daily phonecalls from a fellow pump user from this forum. Blimey... Well over 4 years now!! Remember it like yesterday. It is a day and first week that you will never forget...

Have you got a choice of sets to try as well when you start up or are they going to put you on a specific one to start off?

Not long for you now.. Really pleased for you..
Yeah basically got the weekend to play around with the buttons practicing and not worry too much if I get it wrong.

I don't think we get to choose the sets before we go in on the Thursday morning but they did mention there was a couple to choose from.

notstrong81

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
●Having Diabetes :-(
●People thinking I have diabetes because I eat to much :-(
I had a simular experience recently, I have my repeat collected and made ready for the 8th of every month at my local boots pharmacy, they then send me a text to say it's ready for collection. It's brilliant UNTIL the doctors decide to put my medication on hold until I have had a medication review but not telling me until I question the pharmacy about not having my meds yet so off to the doctors I went 2 weeks for an appointment and just said to the reception lady but what do I do in the mean time with no insulin no needles not test strips or anything.. her response was "Well the doctors said" so as you can imagine I was not best pleased... I went back to the pharmacy where luckily for me they had known me for years. I told her the situation and she issued me with the meds I needed and she wrote a formal complaint to them. Some people just don't understand

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
I had a simular experience recently, I have my repeat collected and made ready for the 8th of every month at my local boots pharmacy, they then send me a text to say it's ready for collection. It's brilliant UNTIL the doctors decide to put my medication on hold until I have had a medication review but not telling me until I question the pharmacy about not having my meds yet so off to the doctors I went 2 weeks for an appointment and just said to the reception lady but what do I do in the mean time with no insulin no needles not test strips or anything.. her response was "Well the doctors said" so as you can imagine I was not best pleased... I went back to the pharmacy where luckily for me they had known me for years. I told her the situation and she issued me with the meds I needed and she wrote a formal complaint to them. Some people just don't understand

Do your GP's not notify you when a review of meds is due? I collect my scripts from Lloyd's pharmacy, but when my review is due with my GP it automatically prints on the white side of the prescription which is given back to me... That's so I can ensure that I get to the GP before my next script is due.

You ought to write to the PM of your surgery and just ask what procedures are in place to ensure that their Patients are aware of their review of medicines before GP's refuse to give drugs that are imperative to stop DKA and unplanned admissions to hospital.

As an additional note, please see your GP to ask for a one off script of an extra supply that would eliminate you running so short and in dire straits.

Reactions: 2 people

notstrong81

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
●Having Diabetes :-(
●People thinking I have diabetes because I eat to much :-(
I don't get anything back from the pharmacy and i never see the actual paper prescription so it may be on there I never get any pre notification about any med reviews or even annual reviews either I normally keep going till they stop it, not the best way I know, Our surgery is ran by different doctors and as of late it's going down hill and they don't seem to know much about diabetes so I go to another surgery 8 miles away to see there's when I need answers.

iHs

What happens if a repeat prescription is placed over the phone to a pharmacy, the pharmacist does the repeat through the GP surgery, issues the medicines to the patient but doesnt print out a repeat for the patient to use next time. If the GP has requested a review to be done, how is the patient going to know if the pharmacist does not inform them?

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
All repeat and normal one off meds have to have a script done by a GP, so on a telephone request to pharmacist.. I've never heard of this.

When I get my script to sign and the white piece of paper that lists the repeats on it.. I have to sign and tick for the drugs that I want on the right handside white piece of paper (or don't want). So when signing this (just yestrday) it stated on the white right side of the form that came from the GP to the Pharmacist that my medicine review was overdue on Oct 9th, so I immediately booked an appt with GP.

@iHs I don't understand the scenario you have mentioned to be honest.