Who are they?

WeeWillie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dictators who positively go out of their way to force misery, tears and fears, upon their countryman's lives.
Politicians who, in dealing with dictators, have a wishbone where a backbone should be.
Oh my gosh, it's a miracle..........I actually got one, but you're right Willie I wouldn't have got it from the other pic.
Thank you for the shield, I must boomark this page as it's not likely to happen again any time soon :D

You're welcome Janiept, but as I always say, it was you who did the hard work.

weewillie
fdf.gif

zolabud

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Whelks,winkles... All crustaceous seafood except prawns. Can't do crab.lobster or scallops.
Don't like the way they are killed and cooked. Save our Scallops. SOS !!!
Also HATE evaporated milk.
I agree with Opalshards.

It is Goldie Hawn.

I can't understand why even though I have ticked the box saying I want notifications of replies to this thread I haven't had any.

Been about 10 posts that I haven't seen....

Reactions: 2 people

Opalshards

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Liars, thieves, users, cruelty, doing the washing up. Lol
I agree with Opalshards.

It is Goldie Hawn.

I can't understand why even though I have ticked the box saying I want notifications of replies to this thread I haven't had any.

I wondered where you had got too Zola.x

izzzi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Heck, never thought of that, izzzi. Another lesson worth learning, eh.

weewillie
fdf.gif
Yes it was strange as the only hicup was my diabetes site that seemed to get somehow confused in the router.

zolabud

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Whelks,winkles... All crustaceous seafood except prawns. Can't do crab.lobster or scallops.
I got a notification that time with Izzzi's post.

Weird......

izzzi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I agree with Opalshards.

It is Goldie Hawn.

Those were some of the problems I had at first before things got worse.
Not being to clever, If you turn off the router, pull the plugs out then re fit then back on and turn back on might help.
Also Giverny gave me this advice which has make things work better on my lap top.
"This sounds like an issue quite common in outdated browsers. If you're using Internet Explorer, I strongly recommend downloading Google Chrome browser. If you're already using Chrome, then I'd recommend clearing your browser cache, cookies, etc"
Actually if you pm Giverny she is so helpful and very clever.:)

zolabud

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I use IE all the time.

I have Chrome but I only ever use it when I have problems uploading pics to Facebook or E Bay.

I shall give Chrome a go.

I have fibre now after years of putting up with a dodgy signal where my router lights went solid red. IE No signal.

All of a sudden I lost my phone and my broadband signal. Several calls to Talk Talk ( not happy about ringing an 0870 number from my PAYG mobile)
I had a Talk Talk engineer up who couldn't find the problem.2 Openreach engineers later the fault still hadn't been found.
They went to my local telephone exchange and looked in the big box near Lewes Prison and they just scratched their heads and suggested I go onto fibre.

I have been with TalkTalk for 7 odd years and the price difference is quite marked. But the downside is you speak to usually an Indian gentleman when you ring and I rung countless times complaining about my dodgy signal.

Talk Talk were surprisingly helpful. They gave me a new socket on my wall,fitted all the necessary routers and the whole set up was free. Routers,installations.... Which would have cost me a bomb was no charge. Drove me nuts sometimes as I can barely understand what they are saying.

I haven't had one dip in signal in 18 months. I pay £5 a month for fibre which gives me a speed of 32 wotsits. I pay my line rental upfront for £140 a year. My package which gave me free local calls all day and national and 0875 and 0870 evenings.and cost me £8 a month I recently changed to evenings and weekends only which now cost £5. ( Got this half price for a year)
So my last bill for the month cost me £10. Plus if you pay with your debit card in the day your bill comes in you get another 15% off so I paid £8.

So I now recommend Talk Talk to my family and friends, I wouldn't have years ago though.... But they seem to have got their act together now.

I rang them a couple of months back and they asked me if I wanted a You View box. The catch was a 2 year contract. But I can't see myself leaving for a while so I said yes and I now have a really good Freeview.(You view is Talk Talk's name for the Freeview box.) They are giving them away.

It's great as it has all the catch up players and if you are willing to part with £5 a month there is a huge selection of films which are replaced every Monday.
It is linked to the internet so channels update automatically so more scanning.

All in all I now have a brilliant reasonably priced broadband phone and You View set up and my signal is stable at last.

Also a new 'super router' is winging way to me as my lappy has been slow recently and I rang Talk Talk yesterday and asked why if I am on fibre is my lappy sluggish. The guy said he would send me the new router free of charge. I love Talk Talk,.....

Last edited by a moderator:

WeeWillie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dictators who positively go out of their way to force misery, tears and fears, upon their countryman's lives.
Politicians who, in dealing with dictators, have a wishbone where a backbone should be.
atr_zps9f50e166.png

Goldie Hawn :(

aos.jpg

alo-1.jpg

1e4f9d41.gif

opal.jpg

............ But you won't guess the next one. :joyful:

zola.jpg

................. Neither will you zola. :joyful:

:)

weewillie
fdf_zps17a79e35.gif

WeeWillie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
itb.jpg

Good luck folks. :)

weewillie
fdf_zps17a79e35.gif

zolabud

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I know but I am going to hang back for a while.....

Opalshards

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
:rolleyes:
I think its Ann Widdicombe
But who is Des?

Opalshards

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
:rolleyes:
I will stick its my best guess.

WeeWillie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
atr_zps9f50e166.png

Sinéad O'Connor :(

zfu.jpg

.................... .
itb.jpg

She was an unhappy soul for a while, I hope she's managed to be at peace with herself now.
And yes, she's a great singer, izzzi, I've always loved her song you posted in

1e4f9d41.gif

izzzi.jpg

But you won't guess the next one :joyful:

weewillie
fdf.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

WeeWillie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
rta.jpg

............. But if you're really stumped, there's two clues in Ketty's song. ;)

Good luck everyone. :)

weewillie
fdf_zps17a79e35.gif

Opalshards

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
atr_zps9f50e166.png

Sinéad O'Connor :(

zfu.jpg

.................... .
itb.jpg

She was an unhappy soul for a while, I hope she's managed to be at peace with herself now.
And yes, she's a great singer, izzzi, I've always loved her song you posted in

1e4f9d41.gif

izzzi.jpg

But you won't guess the next one :joyful:

weewillie
fdf.gif

Very well done Izzzi I would never have got that.x

Opalshards

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only