First 3 month results are very encouraging!

Hairycamel

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi All,

Just got my first set of results back and it's as good as I dared hope for. Initial HBA1C was 77 and I had a BMI of 32.8.
3 months later and my BMI is 26 and my HBA1C is 48!!!!
It seemd like all the hard work/gnashing of teeth/starvation was worth it.
Onwards and upwards.......

Reactions: 5 people

Hairycamel

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I should have said 38!!!!!! Nobody told me that losing weight was indirectly proportional to the amount of brain cells I had!

Reactions: 3 people

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
Brilliant well done!

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That's fantastic.

It is so brilliant every time I see what a difference diet can make.

What changes did you make?
We are all so different, that some people low cal, others low carb, others go the exercise route.
Always good to share what works for each of us.
:happy:

Hairycamel

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I have been quite boring in my attempt to replicate the results of the Newcastle diet. Breakfast is 30g of Quaker Oat Crisp with skimmed milk, lunch is whatever soup they have in the works canteen that day with no bread (sob) and as my wife works very late each day, convenience dictates that we have a ready meal up to 400 cals for our evening meal and my one treat of the day is a cup of tea with a kids portion of crisps at 9.00pm. Sad I know but I so look forward to my pickled onion Space Raiders! I usually have a walk after dinner and lately as the nights are drawing in I spend 30 mins on the treadmill instead. I have also been taking a multivitamin every morning to help with the lack of nutrients but I must admit that I feel ok.
I know that all this repetition is very boring, but it works very well for me and I'll continue it for my last 1.5 stone to my target of 12 stone and 5 stone lost. An added bonus is my doctor has stopped my blood pressure meds after a month of 120/80 readings. Whoopee !

Reactions: 2 people

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Love it, but my goodness, your will power is awesome.
I wouldn't have lasted 3 days.
Very impressive!

Hairycamel

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh, I forgot to mention that my liver function has gone from 60 to 72 as well. All good news so far.........

Reactions: 4 people