Finally a positive test!!

DutchgirlT2

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People who "try" to help you with your diabetes and don't know anything about it but still give you "advice".
Hi Everybody,

It's been a while since i visited the forum but the last couple of weeks we where quite curious if we had a positive result or not.
And then there it was: last monday, october 6th, we finally got a positive pregnancy test! We are so happy with the result.
That same monday i had an appointment in the hospital which was planned 6 months ago so how about timing it out he?

Bloodlevels are all ok. HbA1c was dropped to 5,4!!! (my lowest ever) and at the moment i have everything under control.
Only in the first 2 weeks i experienced a drop in my insuline use (i didn't know i was pregnant already)
but because of the insuline drop i already suspected something LOL.

At the moment i'm back at my usual insuline doses. We have talked about de pump versus pen with the doctor at the hospital but
she said the pump isn't necessary for now because i'm well regulated (values between 6,0 and 6,8)
So for now i'm still using the pen and we will have to wait and see what will happen for the time being.
For the next 3 months i will have to see my doctor every month and give my BG's to the DN every week.
22 october i will have my first ultrasound...i will be 7 weeks pregnant then....very excited!

We are very lucky and happy with the positive testresult and at the moment i only experience low back pain but that's all :)
Feeling great and i will keep you updated with news.

Greetings Annemarie

Reactions: 4 people

Otherhalf

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
What lovely news , enjoy your pregnancy . I wish I'd taken pictures of myself as weeks passed as its unbelievable how you grow x all best for this wonderful time

Spicey245

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Working full time, fairground rides or anything which makes too much adrenaline!
Aww that's lovely news, congratulations!! :) :)

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Fantastic news, congratulations, I am so pleased for you :)

RRB

JessP

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Massive congratulations! great news. I hope your scan goes well on the 22nd. Jess x

Cloe-1992

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Congratulations , best wishes for your scan .

take care :):):)

Mrsass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Congratulations!!! Good luck with your scan I hope you keep us all informed :) xx

DutchgirlT2

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People who "try" to help you with your diabetes and don't know anything about it but still give you "advice".
Hi Everybody,

It's been a while since i posted anything on the forum but the last couple of weeks were very heavy and intense for us. The morningsickness is very heavy and is something that stays for the whole day so eating is very difficult and in response to that, keeping my BG's under control.
Untill now everybody in the hospital is very positive about my BG's (they range between 2,5 and 9,8) and they say i'm doing a good job in controlling.

Nevertheless my emotions are very heavy and sometimes i doubt about if the baby is doing ok. I'm currently 8 weeks and my next scan is planned in about 2 weeks. I'm 10 weeks then. I will also have an intake with my gyn and the midwife then.
The first scan at 6 weeks (very early) was ok. We even saw a little heart beating which was so beautiful and special to see. They warned us that the heart could not beat because it's so early in the pregnancy that the scan couldn't see it but fortunatly the scan picked it up and we are very happy with the result.

I'm very tired untill so far so i hope this will go away in a few weeks. They say it's normal that you are so tired untill 14 weeks but i can't get used to it.
I sleep a lot, even during the day and with the morningsickness all together it is very difficult to get through the day.
Has anybody experienced this and how did you control your BG's when you were so tired? I find this very difficult.

I will keep you posted with news!

Greetings Annemarie

DutchgirlT2

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hi Everybody,

It's been a while but due to problems with my internetconnection i was'nt able to respond sooner.
Meanwhile i'm 23 weeks pregnant and we have had the 20 week check-up with ultrasound and everything looks fine.
Our little wonder has had a full check-up and they said it's a perfect healthy baby. Until so far he (yes, it's a boy :)) is growing by
normal standards and has not yet experienced negative effects of the insuline.
They say that's because of my strict diet (I haven't gain a pound so far) and therefore, i still use the same amounts of insuline that i had in the
beginning of my pregnancy. (50-25-25-22, first three novorapid, last one lantus)
Until now i can keep my BG's very good controlled, sometimes they are a little too high but that doesn't last long (highest BG: 9,7) because i inject extra novorapid when that happens.

I feel very good about the results and i discovered that it really helps to take your restperiodes serious and stress is absolutely not good!
I quit my job a few months ago because it was too stressfull and now i feel much better. Fortunatly my husband has a good job so i can take a break but i know now that it really is "a mission impossible" to get your BG's right with stress and not enough rest.

I will keep you posted only i don't know when because the internet connectionproblems are, at the moment, not yet completely solved.

Greetings,

Annemarie