Childrens kit bag

StickyNicque

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi...my 7 year old son is currently using the green Lilly frog kit bag he got free from hospital to carry all his equipment around....which I think is a great size and sturdy...problem is he wants a back pack type bag in similar size and one thats cool for boys! All bags I can find seem to be aimed at girls.....any ideas for funky boys bags? Like a small Gola bag or similar? :)

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Hi my granddaughter had the green zip up frog bag and now has a new bright pink one, which she loves <3

Sometimes charity shops have some great items for sale, and some are new too :)
I hope you can find something very boyish and cool :cool: Or you could buy a plain bag and then he could make his own design using fabric paint :-D Good luck.

Best wishes RRB

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sorry, can't contribute about bags, but I wanted to bump your post up to the top of the list

- and I love that badger avatar!

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
My local market has both boys and girls back packs .
Boys in blue,green,red funky colours too .
Frog,crocodile,tiger,lion,penguin, animal themed .
All are suitable to be used as kit bags they're smallish medium
sized .
Not too big or bulky kind of thing .

Worth a try at your local markets ?
Reasonable prices also .

StickyNicque

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks guys...Ive been scouring the internet and amazon...thinking maybe a normal kiddie back pack with a pencil case inside for insulin pens...just so many bits and pieces need to be lugged around....its easier for women and girls with handbags I imagine.

Reactions: 4 people
Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Insulin
hi my sons 6 and has t1. he uses a wee packlunch bag with a strap so he can carry it. he also takes it to school. theres around 5 pound. when he takes it to school hes not feeling out of place because he carries medical bag it just looks like he takes a lunch to school :) xx