First monitor and readings

Zaf326

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi. I'm new to the forum and just wanted to say all the advice on here is fantastic. Anyways I got my new monitor after experiencing excessive thirst and going for a tinkle way tooooo many times. My first reading was 27.9 after that I cut down on all sugar, crisps and chocolate and went on a low carb diet. I eat once a day around 1-2am and go to sleep an hour later (I shouldn't eat that late and sleep so quickly after eating) but after waking my readings are most of the time in fact nearly all of the time are in the 5's mostly 5.4 and during the day it goes down into the 4's mostly 4.2 and once a 3.9
I tried a double chicken fillet burger with a healthy portion of chips my readings were 9.4 after 1.5 hours and 7.4 after 2 hours. I did 15 mins on a gym bike and tested again and it was 4.7
I've been doing this for about 2 weeks now. And my tinkling has gone back to normal and I've lost weight.

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables
Another low carb success.:jimlad: Can I ask why you eat at such a late hour and only once a day?

Zaf326

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Initially I was scared to eat anything in case I had a another massive reading. Did not know what to eat but reading through the posts on here helped so much. By that time (2-3 days)I wasn't feeling hungry during the day( I stopped eating breakfast along time ago so it's not that bad) and eating so late, I like to eat just before bed when I can relax. I don't watch much tv during day so I like to watch and eat lol. And I finish work at 9:30pm most days so that doesn't help. And I need to loose weight lol.