Totally disheartened :(

kellibabi

Hello all,

After being moved onto insulin (Humalog 25) in June, I noticed (at the end of August) that I'd put on about 8lb.

Deciding to nip it in the bud, I've been low carbing (50g MAX - most days I come in at 35-45g) & started to excercise more.

My non-diabetic friend decided to join me for moral support (although she hasn't been excercising).

The result? - SHE has lost 12lbs - I haven't lost a single pound.

I've worked SO hard & had NO result at all with weight loss. My readings have gone from between 8.3 - 11.4 to 4.8 - 7.9 though.

Apart from living on water & thin air, does anyone have any suggestions?
I am SO p'd off at the moment :(

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It is supposed to be physiologically impossible to eat nothing and yet put on weight. Maybe you should give the forum more information. I cannot advise a T1 since I am a T2 but I still find your story odd in that you have gained weight.

C

catherinecherub

I would be fed up too.

I think you need to show a menu for what you are actually eating and drinking as there are so many interpretations of a low carb diet. This might help members with suggestions.

Reactions: 2 people

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
Do you keep a food diary? That helped me!

Reactions: 2 people

1207JRVL

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
If you have been exercising then you have been toning your muscles and muscles weigh heavier than fat. As your friend has not been exercising that could be the reason she has lost 12lbs as she has not toned up her muscles. Have you noticed any improvements in the shape of your body?