Advice needed with injects

Bazzza

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I was just wondering what I should do in regards to my insulin. I'm type 1 so I needs to inject before each meal. So today before lunch my BG was 3.2 I was actually asleep for awhile before I woke up and tested it, was lucky because it might of kept dropping and well...you know what would of happened. Anyways it was 3.2 and I wasn't sure to take any insulin as it was already in a good range. So I didn't and had my lunch. So should I wait an hour or two and then test again and then take some insulin? I'd like to know for future. Thanks guys. :)

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
My approach to the issue you faced would be to have 10g of glucose tabs immediately, then reduce my lunchtime insulin by the equivalent needed for 10g of carbs, but then I'm generally eating really slowly absorbed carbs which sways my decision. Generally that works for me.

Reactions: 5 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Hi I had a 3.6 yesterday, so I made my lunch and ate a little of the lunch and then injected after. I couldn't inject hours later as I would be sky high. But that's just me, then 8.9 before dinner, but not very active yesterday afternoon, so that was probably why it was a little higher as well. Lunch today, 4.1, so just made it !!

Best wishes RRB

Reactions: 4 people

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
I would have had a couple of Jelly Babies and waited 10 minutes then had lunch, then I would have injected after the food and knocked a unit off.

Reactions: 2 people

wildfire

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Insulin
I was just wondering what I should do in regards to my insulin. I'm type 1 so I needs to inject before each meal. So today before lunch my BG was 3.2 I was actually asleep for awhile before I woke up and tested it, was lucky because it might of kept dropping and well...you know what would of happened. Anyways it was 3.2 and I wasn't sure to take any insulin as it was already in a good range. So I didn't and had my lunch. So should I wait an hour or two and then test again and then take some insulin? I'd like to know for future. Thanks guys. :)

What do you think made you go low?

SamJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Yeah, like the others, I would always make sure I wasn't in the hypo range (below 4) before injecting.