Nut ball and will sneak one of the kids sweets in from trick or treating

Happy Hallowe'en
ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1414785009.791415.jpg

Reactions: 10 people

Kezzer4321

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I love a cream sponge from morrisons mmmmmmm (slaps herself) but never no more..... Now I would just lick the cream off and leave the sponge:(

B - 1 raiser of bacon, a sausage and mushrooms
L - salad and poached salmon with olive oil
D - crust less quiche, cheeses coleslaw and tomatoes,cucumber olives wi a little olive oil + strawberries and cream

Reactions: 5 people

Weird Science

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
Hi I've seen the lovely thai dishes you often eat and I wondered if you had a cookery book you use for these delicious meals?

I have, called the wife!

I'm lucky to have not only a beautiful misses even after 14 years of marriage, but she is a brilliant cook also, obviously she just knows these dishes but I can recommend this book, I bought it a few years ago from a high street bookstore, and if you like this kind of food then you should pay Bangkok a visit, the food is unreal and so so cheap

ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1414787594.498075.jpg

alliebee

Thankyou so much. I love thai food and I'm going to try some if the lovely dishes you post. How lucky you are to have such a wonderful wife who knows all these dishes. Thankyou

Paul59

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thankyou so much. I love thai food and I'm going to try some if the lovely dishes you post. How lucky you are to have such a wonderful wife who knows all these dishes. Thankyou
I love Thai also & it's something that does us little harm.

Reactions: 4 people

Weird Science

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
I really should eat more as my BG hardly raises much on some of the dishes, wish I was like the wife, she has no sweet tooth at all, eats loads all the time ( easily 5 meals a day ) rice with everything,yet is so petite and doesn't put weight on!!!

Adelle0607

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
B: courgette, 1/2 banana, handful of blueberries, handful of strawberries, aubergine, capsicum , edamame and quinoa

Snack: smoked trout small serving

D: grilled salmon and prawns, a slice of pineapple, one square of 100% Madagascar chocolate, courgette, broccoli, rooibos tea

pavlovsdog

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello.all ,
Not been goid at posting here as been busy ..does any one here work shifts?
If they do how do they cope with low carbing ...
I am on nights this week and from 21.00 until 04.15 I didnt have time to drink let alone eat ...at 04.15 I realised I had to eat so a leg was torn of a precooked chicken and was devoured in seconds along with a glass of water ...
I was so dry coming of duty .
Iwas sure I was going into renal failure as I hadn't passed urine for over 12 hours...any suggestions how to keep to low carb on shifts ?

Im a newbie and by no means an expert on low carbing, but I have worked shifts in the past and on previous diets I found the only way to manage was to be ultra organised and prepare everything in advance. I know its hard if you have a busy lifestyle and little time, but it might be worth keeping a supply of snacks at work that you can dive into as and when. I've already picked up loads of helpful tips from this site for nibbles and quick meals. I tend to carry stuff with me too such as yoghurt, fruit, crackers ( stopped these now though), and cheese. I have my emergency biscuits as I'm on insulin but they don't seem to last too long in my bag!

Also, you must, must must, drink plenty of water/fluids - especially on shift work as it really bu**ers up your system :)

Last edited by a moderator:

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
I am on a carb up day today. Marvellous. :D I've even allowed myself some red licorice :D

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
I do a lot of weight training, so eat low carb 6 days a week and then have a carb load up on a Saturday. The theory is that all the weight work depletes glycogen supplies and the carb load restores them. If you don't do that then you start to consume muscle mass to power your muscles as protein (i.e. muscle) is easier to use as a quick energy source than fats and it's not really possible to convert fats to glucose, whereas this can be done with protein, even when in ketosis. It's normally brown rice and lots of chicken, but as all carbs are broken down equally in the body, I went for something that added a bit of excitement today...

Reactions: 2 people

modesty007

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Brekkie; Fatcoffee/bulletcoffee
Afternoon coffee with 1 tbsp coconut oil and 1 tbsp jerseycream
Dinner; planning to treat myself with some grass-fed tail end of beef fillet with some butter beacuse the meat is soooo tasty and wouldn't waste any carbs on this dinner probably some lovely cheese for dessert or brie puffs for snacks.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: courgette, 1/2 banana, handful of blueberries, handful of strawberries, aubergine, capsicum , edamame and quinoa

Snack: smoked trout small serving

D: grilled salmon and prawns, a slice of pineapple, one square of 100% Madagascar chocolate, courgette, broccoli, rooibos tea

Nice to see you post again Adelle.

Weird Science

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
Was in a rush, late for appt. so 3 weetabix

L som tam, pork scratchings
S durian chips & some Halloween sweets
(pre lunch 5.3 - 2 hrs after 10)

Out on bike for 2 miles

D beef nam tok
No pudding!!

Never learn, don't have kids sweets!!

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
breakfast scarmbled egg
lunch small salad with bit of cheese and leftover tandoori chicken
dinner leftover chicken chorizo stew , couple Heck 97% chorizo and pork sausages and some green veg- left lot of it as not in mood.
snack bit of dark chocolate and some cheese.

Kezzer4321

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
B- poached egg with 2 x bacon and mushrooms
L - bbq chicken with tomatoe and cheeses coleslaw - nutty 9bar
D - chicken tikka curry and cauliflower

Berries and cream for dessert if I need it later :)

Status
Not open for further replies.