Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nuthead

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Have a T2 butcher at the farm shop down the road. When I'm feeling rich and saved all my pocket money, I go to him..:)

Reactions: 2 people

Marko723

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.8 this morning. Looks like I'm on a roll, lower than the first part of the week, but still a tad on the high side. My normal pre-dinner test has been in the mid to high 4s. Wonder if the shorter daylight hours have my body reacting. Oh well, overall on average still seem to be doing well without my medication.

Reactions: 5 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes me too. Black farmers from most supermarkets are 97% meat and don't raise me at all. Also tinned tomatoes you have to be careful of

I've just bought some of those sausages. I'll give them a try tomorrow. I'm not a sausage lover to be honest, but I need some extra calories. I lost another pound today and am under 9 stone for the first time in 30 years. I need to put some back on.

Reactions: 6 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well, I was a 4.2 this morning, so right in my personal range. It’s a smidge up on recent times, but I’m viewing that positively (bizarrely!), in that I didn’t get up for an hour or so after waking, as Mr B was still pushing out the zzzzzzzs, and he does have both tiredness after a trying time and jetlag to contend with. I did my usual, in those circumstances, of watching breakfast news on my phone, with earplugs, and waited until he roused a bit before producing copious cups of tea. I have also had a couple of higher carb dinners since he came back. Nothing incredible, but I just realised I had been (even) lower carbing since I got home on my own. To be honest, sometimes it’s just a bit of a faff to cook a starch in the quantities I might fancy, so I wouldn’t bother.

Moving forward, we have a load of home jobs to get through in the coming week, and unfortunately, Mr B also has a funeral to attend. The deceased isn’t someone I ever met, so I’ll stay at home whilst he heads south.

This afternoon we’re off to raid the local farm shop, which he loves. It’s the most amazing meat, which they butcher and prepare in front of you. Obviously, they don’t do that with their sausages, but their Gluten Free versions seem absolutely fine for me. But, everything else, including minced beef is prepared in clear sight. So, the freezer will be crammed within an inch of it’s life this afternoon. It might be more expensive than the supermarkets, but it is actually worth it, in my view. I’m both a believer in supporting local businesses, and having knowledge of our food sources, where it is practical.

So, playmates. Have a great Friday. It’s the weekend, and life could be so much worse. :D:D:D:D:D

Reactions: 7 people

Nuthead

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Well, I was a 4.2 this morning, so right in my personal range. It’s a smidge up on recent times, but I’m viewing that positively (bizarrely!), in that I didn’t get up for an hour or so after waking, as Mr B was still pushing out the zzzzzzzs, and he does have both tiredness after a trying time and jetlag to contend with. I did my usual, in those circumstances, of watching breakfast news on my phone, with earplugs, and waited until he roused a bit before producing copious cups of tea. I have also had a couple of higher carb dinners since he came back. Nothing incredible, but I just realised I had been (even) lower carbing since I got home on my own. To be honest, sometimes it’s just a bit of a faff to cook a starch in the quantities I might fancy, so I wouldn’t bother.

Moving forward, we have a load of home jobs to get through in the coming week, and unfortunately, Mr B also has a funeral to attend. The deceased isn’t someone I ever met, so I’ll stay at home whilst he heads south.

This afternoon we’re off to raid the local farm shop, which he loves. It’s the most amazing meat, which they butcher and prepare in front of you. Obviously, they don’t do that with their sausages, but their Gluten Free versions seem absolutely fine for me. But, everything else, including minced beef is prepared in clear sight. So, the freezer will be crammed within an inch of it’s life this afternoon. It might be more expensive than the supermarkets, but it is actually worth it, in my view. I’m both a believer in supporting local businesses, and having knowledge of our food sources, where it is practical.

So, playmates. Have a great Friday. It’s the weekend, and life could be so much worse. :D:D:D:D:D
Ho yes indeed.. my T2 butcher does the same. Even makes gluten free scotch eggs:)

ajaymse

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes me too. Black farmers from most supermarkets are 97% meat and don't raise me at all. Also tinned tomatoes you have to be careful of
Hello very one
I recommend to go with fresh vegetable or meat from super market instead of canned one. The fact is always hidden from end consumer about the real value of sugars , carb & other preservatives. We have seen no .of report about discrepancy of the shown values of many products. Just go for fresh & if you can offered then organic food.

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I've just bought some of those sausages. I'll give them a try tomorrow. I'm not a sausage lover to be honest, but I need some extra calories. I lost another pound today and am under 9 stone for the first time in 30 years. I need to put some back on.
Hope you like them Bluetit- they are one of my favorites! Either with mushrooms, egg etc or greens and carrots- but, my current "fad" is the have them with creamy coleslaw (full fat 6gm per 100gm ; ) ), I'm loving that at the moment!!

Reactions: 3 people

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
One of my favorites too alliebee, another item I couldn't have done as well without! See below what I just told Bluetit about my current fad !!

alliebee

Do you know I think I had completely forgotten about coleslaw. I love it but thought it was out when I was a newbie. How lovely you reminded me...sausages and colewslaw a match made in foodie heaven :)

Reactions: 4 people

Nuthead

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hope you like them Bluetit- they are one of my favorites! Either with mushrooms, egg etc or greens and carrots- but, my current "fad" is the have them with creamy coleslaw (full fat 6gm per 100gm ; ) ), I'm loving that at the moment!!
Coleslaw works for me. Yummy.

Reactions: 4 people

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
5.9 and that was after not taking metformin last nite

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Do you know I think I had completely forgotten about coleslaw. I love it but thought it was out when I was a newbie. How lovely you reminded me...sausages and colewslaw a match made in foodie heaven :)
I also thought it was out at first alliebee- now I buy it every week, Morrison's "best" luxury one! Here I was thinking my sausage coleslaw combo was unique!!

Reactions: 3 people

MsVelvet

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.6 this morning. Survived Halloween - made up over 80 lollie bags, all went, plus candy canes, noodles snacks. My 12 year old had 2 friends over and they went our trick a treating. Full house with a couple also visiting from Tasmania. All those lollie and not a one entered by mouth. Stayed strictly LCHF. Next few nights we are out to dinner with our friends...........I will try to be as strict as possible.

Reactions: 7 people

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5,2 this morning.

So keeping a good sequence going; as I recall it was 5,1 yesterday, 5,0 the day before that and 5,2 again the day before that!

Have a great day.

Pavlos

Reactions: 9 people

Mandingo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
4.7 this morning. Feeling positive.
Enjoy the weekend all

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
The working of our bodies is surely an incredible one.....my reading this am is 5.9 and I took my firs tcanagliflozin tablet so lets see how it works on me...

JohnD54

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rice
5.1 before breakfast, not been eating much, so tomorrow's weigh in should be interesting since I am trying to slow/ halt the weight loss, have a good day all.

Reactions: 10 people
Status
Not open for further replies.