What's your tipple tonight?

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yep tea for me too. I'm an alcohol free zone nowadays.

Kezzer4321

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I've not tested alcohol and what it does to my BS, So I've not had a tipple in ages. My tipple of choice would be a large Southern Comfort and diet coke

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I've not tested alcohol and what it does to my BS, So I've not had a tipple in ages. My tipple of choice would be a large Southern Comfort and diet coke

I don't know what you like, but red wine and normal spirits (with sugar free mixers) are the goodies for us.

K

Kat100

Just made a rather nice little number, it's dark and. full of body............................... it's a lovely cuppa :D I don't drink o_O

RRB
I don't drink either ...but on Christmas Day I always enjoy a little bolly ....Ab Fab style ....it's the bubbles but I can't even manage to finish one glass so the bottle lasts a long time ...it is the only little tipple that agrees with me :p:wacky::dead:

C

chris lowe

Always a Canadian Club rye for me with diet lemonade or diet Coke

Can't even stand the smell of champers - a bit of overindulgence on honeymood al long long time ago. I was sick for a week (I said it over indulgence) and even now the smell starts my stomach heaving. :hungover:

robin47

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Double Lagavulin! My wife & I went out for a meal tonight. My BS was 6.3 before we went out and 6.9 two hours after the vegetable fajita(no cheese,no sour cream),1 pint of lager and double lagavulin. Although I was diagnosed as T2 in Sep 2011 I completely ingnored it until Jan 2014 when my annual check BS was 8.6. I then did some research,discovered Dr John McDougall and started a high carb vegan diet of starch supplemented by fruit and veg. But around August I began to realise the diet was making me worse,fatigue,nightly thirst & visits to toilet. Discovered Dr Neal Barnard and still following Vegan but with much smaller portions of grains and only wholegrain rice,pasta,spaghetti. Only just started the lower amt of carbs after joining this forum last week.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bazzza

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Fancied a cold Budweiser tonight but i was too lazy to walk down to the offy :p

Reactions: 2 people