Dapagliflozin 5mg

Jude

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Everyone

Have just returned from my GP and she has agreed to try me on Dapagliflozin 5mg - I asked for the 5mg to see how I get on. Has anyone else started on the 5mg or have you all gone straight on to the 10mg. My chemist has to order it everytime it is prescribed so I will not be starting it until Friday morning - I presume taking it in the morning is the best if it is making us wee more.

Thank you, Jude

alliebee

Yes I went straight on 10 mg. And asked my chemist to make sure he ordered an ongoing supply as I would be on it from now on. He was more than happy to do it. I'm getting on so well with it and yes I take it in the morning. Good luck

Reactions: 2 people

Jude

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks Alliebee, am looking forward to trying it although a little apprehensive. GP has given me oral medication to take care of the thrush. Have you lost any weight as well as bringing your sugars down?

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi! I went straight on to 10mg 17 weeks ago, combined with lchf my latest hbA1c was 38 (from 61) and have lost 3st 3lbs so far!! Only one slight episode of thrush the first week, nothing since! It seems to be a brilliant drug!! Keep posting how you get on: )

alliebee

Thanks Alliebee, am looking forward to trying it although a little apprehensive. GP has given me oral medication to take care of the thrush. Have you lost any weight as well as bringing your sugars down?

Yes I have lost weight. I had lost a stone and a half before going on it and I've lost another half stone since. I'm now at my target weight

alliebee

Ps Jude. I didn't get thrush at all on it. Apparently some people have had urine infections but again I didn't. I wish you well.

the_anticarb

Dislikes
Spiders, winter, bills, ignorance, prejudice
I am on this drug, I got thrush a few times but just treated with fluconazole which you can get over the counter. I have lost about half a stone but been eating quite a lot so expected to have gained weight. It is a good medication, may take you a little while to get used to it at first I was p'ing all the time but it seems to have settled down now I've been off it a while

Jude

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi! I went straight on to 10mg 17 weeks ago, combined with lchf my latest hbA1c was 38 (from 61) and have lost 3st 3lbs so far!! Only one slight episode of thrush the first week, nothing since! It seems to be a brilliant drug!! Keep posting how you get on: )

Hi Kimbo, Just wondering how strict you have gone with lchf?

alliebee

Forgot to post I'm lchf too. For past 12 weeks. I stay on approx 40 g a day and stay in ketosis. I suspect I could go a bit higher as a couple of times I've gone over 40 g and it doesn't kick me out of ketosis. And best of all my readings are now in the normal range

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Kimbo, Just wondering how strict you have gone with lchf?
Morning Jude! I set my self a 50gm carbs per day at first, very rarely ever got to that and now average 30gm, works for me and it's amazing what you can eat if you choose correctly! I'm rarely hungry and never crave anymore! I dropped bread, rice, pasta from day one, used to have weetabix for breakfast first couple of weeks the stopped and switched to bacon, eggs, mushrooms or 90% sausage etc. I have a couple small potatoes once a week with roast chicken or meat with lots of greens( knob of real butter on top) I can honestly say I feel great and really enjoy this new way of eating!!

Jude

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Those of you who are on insulin as well as oral meds have you reduced your insulin since taking the Dapagliflozin?