Tiredness Thread Again!!

• Thread starter Deleted member 83869
  • Start Date
D

Deleted member 83869

@Robinredbreast @donnellysdogs @Engineer88 @Kat100.....probably missed some people out!

But anyway update....went to the doctor's today and saw the nurse....her first response was am I pregnant?! That was initially my first thought but I had done a test and well it was negative...anyway she then went on to thryoid and thinking I am anemic...which actually does make sense because now I even get the shortness of breath....I hate this all so much :( x

Reactions: 2 people

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
@Robinredbreast @donnellysdogs @Engineer88 @Kat100.....probably missed some people out!

But anyway update....went to the doctor's today and saw the nurse....her first response was am I pregnant?! That was initially my first thought but I had done a test and well it was negative...anyway she then went on to thryoid and thinking I am anemic...which actually does make sense because now I even get the shortness of breath....I hate this all so much :( x

It's treatable and at least they've found the cause of your tiredness Nicola, hopefully once they start you on meds you'll feel much better in yourself. Good luck.

D

Deleted member 83869

It's treatable and at least they've found the cause of your tiredness Nicola, hopefully once they start you on meds you'll feel much better in yourself. Good luck.
That is true...I forgot to say they are doing a blood test to see if it is that! x

Reactions: 5 people

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Nicola
Can you list what tests they have actually asked for i.e Fbc, tft etc...When are you getting them done?

D

Deleted member 83869

Nicola
Can you list what tests they have actually asked for i.e Fbc, tft etc...When are you getting them done?
I was going to go tomorrow but I haven't got the chance as I have hospital in the morning and I can't go that long without something to eat so probably monday and erm

U&E
LFT
TFT
FBC
Hba1C for some reason as not long had that done but heyho
Cholesterol
Fasting Glucose
Fasting lipids and thats it!

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Aawww Nicola, hopefully you will be able to find out what you have ( or haven't ) got and then you will have a proper diagnosis and the correct treatment. Sending a (((((((((((( HUG )))))))))))) RRB x

Reactions: 5 people

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Wish NHS would stop doing fasting glucose tests on diagnosed type 1's.. Whats the point of them besides wasting money and time?

Nicola, when they take the blood just do a test on your pump meter at the same time. Or within a minute. The one thing you can check on this fasting glucose test is the accuracy of your meter compared to what your arm blood reads.

Reason being it will just let you see if your reading comes in at 7.0 for arm blood and your meter says 8.0 you will know that your 90 day readings would be higher.. If it comes in lower than your blood meter then you will know that your meter readings are going to be a little higher than what they say.

It just givesa general idea of how accurate your meter is...

Reactions: 4 people

oldeboy

Hi

Just read this thread. Mitochondrial diabetes can cause serious fatigue / ME, Cfs symtoms.

Are you sure you definitely have type 1?that's to say was your diagnosis confirmed with an anti-body test.

I've written a lot about mito diabetes on this forum. You can get more info by searching for my other posts.

Oldeboy

Ian1956

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Me again....haven't posted in a long while!! Anyway I made a post about constantly being tired a little while ago and I went to the Doctor's and she has said that my thyroid is fine and to just take vitamins etc...anyway I have been doing that and I still feel so so tired...as if I haven't had a wink of sleep when in actual fact I have had about 8 or 9 hours sleep! I am just getting so fed up! I am 20 and I just feel so drained and fed up!! I also thought it could be boredom of my job but it still happens when I am not working so who knows what it is!!

I am on citalopram and 900mg of gabapentin a day but I know these aren't the cause as I have been feeling like this way before I was taking these tablets :(
Do you snore at all? I was tired all the time, could sleep for 8 hours, have breakfast and go back to sleep for another couple of hours and I found i was suffering from sleep apnoea. With a CPAP machine I don't need a sleep during the day.(sometimes it was 2 or 3 naps)
My GP sent me to a ENT consultant, got a machine and now I sleep much better, better quality of sleep.

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Sable_Jan

Me again....haven't posted in a long while!! Anyway I made a post about constantly being tired a little while ago and I went to the Doctor's and she has said that my thyroid is fine and to just take vitamins etc...anyway I have been doing that and I still feel so so tired...as if I haven't had a wink of sleep when in actual fact I have had about 8 or 9 hours sleep! I am just getting so fed up! I am 20 and I just feel so drained and fed up!! I also thought it could be boredom of my job but it still happens when I am not working so who knows what it is!!

I am on citalopram and 900mg of gabapentin a day but I know these aren't the cause as I have been feeling like this way before I was taking these tablets :(

Has your doctor considered fibromyalgia? I see you are on gabapentin - I know it is used for pain "relief" by affecting how your brain reacts to pain signals (one of our dogs has to take it for that) so if you ARE taking it for pain then fibromyalgia is a definite possibilty. I suffer from this but not sobadly as many but tiredness is a darned (cleaned up) bug-bear

S

Sable_Jan

How about this one!!!

A finger of fudge is just enough to give your kids a treat:
A finger of fudge is just enough until its time to eat;
Its full of Cadburys goodness and very small and neat
.. Just enough to give your kids a treat.

Please tell me what "cadburys goodness" was????

Sorry, diverted thread again!!

Nicola.. Also the another way also if trying to lose some weight and cutting carbs is 8 hours sleep. (Hubby loses weight on late shifts when getting 8 hours sleep, struggles on AM shifts when he gets 4-6 hours).

Quantity of good sleep is very important to your body regenerating itself each night.

No more daft Choc rhyme adverts from years ago...:)
I think the "Cadbury Goodness" was meant to relate to the milk content (remember the glass and a half in every bar of a certain size? I digress from the thread too :D

D

Deleted member 83869

Hi

Just read this thread. Mitochondrial diabetes can cause serious fatigue / ME, Cfs symtoms.

Are you sure you definitely have type 1?that's to say was your diagnosis confirmed with an anti-body test.

I've written a lot about mito diabetes on this forum. You can get more info by searching for my other posts.

Oldeboy
I've had diabetes...type 1 since I was 13 so yes lol
Do you snore at all? I was tired all the time, could sleep for 8 hours, have breakfast and go back to sleep for another couple of hours and I found i was suffering from sleep apnoea. With a CPAP machine I don't need a sleep during the day.(sometimes it was 2 or 3 naps)
My GP sent me to a ENT consultant, got a machine and now I sleep much better, better quality of sleep.
Nope I don't snore so I have been told lol! I don't know if I am that bad but I could just stay in bed all day, have been told it could be because of my depression!

D

Deleted member 83869

Has your doctor considered fibromyalgia? I see you are on gabapentin - I know it is used for pain "relief" by affecting how your brain reacts to pain signals (one of our dogs has to take it for that) so if you ARE taking it for pain then fibromyalgia is a definite possibilty. I suffer from this but not sobadly as many but tiredness is a darned (cleaned up) bug-bear
Gabapentin is used for my prevention of migraines I should be coming off of them in 4 months they do nothing for my sciatic pain! So no!