FREESTYLE LIBRE ON SALE!!!!

smidge

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Oh, I went swimming last night and my sensor is barely sticking at all today :( I think it could fall out

Oh no! I haven't been swimming since putting the Libre on - I've been too scared it wouldn't survive, so I've been thinking whether there's any kind of waterproof armband I could use to cover it while I swim. Abbotts do say you can swim up to half an hour in it, so I'd call them and complain!

Incidentally, I reduce my following basal dose by a unit when I've been swimming - just thinking about your previous post concerning nightime hypos.

Smidge

Reactions: 2 people

LucySW

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Would there be any harm in reducing your Lantus by 1u and seeing what happens? Rather than eating extra.

Just a question.

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Oh no! I haven't been swimming since putting the Libre on - I've been too scared it wouldn't survive, so I've been thinking whether there's any kind of waterproof armband I could use to cover it while I swim.

Maybe one of these?

helmet2.jpg

Reactions: 10 people

logindetails

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Neuropathy :-(
Oh, I went swimming last night and my sensor is barely sticking at all today :( I think it could fall out
Temporarily stick it down with sellotape or something until you can get something more permanent - you don't want to go losing your sensor - too much $$$ :stop:

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I got some Opsite tape from amazon, just in case - although mine still seems to be well stuck

Emmotha

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just walked to Boots and the best thing I could find in there is a massive white plaster. Now I look like a pillock..
My colleague said I should write “Caution.. Ebola victim” on it and pretend it’s a Halloween accessory….

Reactions: 6 people

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just walked to Boots and the best thing I could find in there is a massive white plaster. Now I look like a pillock..
My colleague said I should write “Caution.. Ebola victim” on it and pretend it’s a Halloween accessory….

Mine is worse, it's bright pink lol rather that than wasted money though! I have opsite now for next time

colsan

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi - I've just downloaded software and although my reader recognises that it's connected to PC the software states "No reader connected". Has anyone else experienced this?

colsan

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@colsan, if you want to test - tho it'll drive you mad - get all your meters lined up with strips ready, and then test from the same drop. Different fingers differ! (Which makes you wonder about the whole testing thing, don't it ...)
Hi - I'm still testing a lot as although only been on insulin 5 weeks, I am currently taking 26 units of Lantus and 2:5 ratio Novarapid, I started on 10 Lantus and 4 units fixed dose Novarapid, so my dose is constantly changing. I must say, I've lost a bit confidence in the testing now. I've more faith in the libre.

darrenh04

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I had a similar issue with connection to my pc but it was the firewall blocking the connection. I had opened the software then connected the libre. I closed down the software disconnected the libre. Then reconnected the libre and opened the software after that. For some reason the firewall didn't block it the second time.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

colsan

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I had a similar issue with connection to my pc but it was the firewall blocking the connection. I had opened the software then connected the libre. I closed down the software disconnected the libre. Then reconnected the libre and opened the software after that. For some reason the firewall didn't block it the second time.

Thanks Darren - However, I've already tried that, along with closing down machine and starting again. I'll try again though, sometimes these machines are just tempremental, just like our blood sugars!:confused::confused::confused::confused:

gbswales

Does anyone have any view on whether the NHS might eventually pick up supplies - I currently get enough test strips for 4 tests a day. Looks a good system for the extra information it gives but the cost of supplies is just too great - especially as my strips are free

darrenh04

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My sensor now has 5 days left. For the first couple it was reading low and Abbott said they would replace as this wasn't right. Not that I have received it yet. Anyway, I have continued to use the sensor and as I drive to and from work I need to use my bg meter in the morning and evening. This means I have a good benchmark for the readings on the libre that day. I have noticed that yesterday and today the libre is now reading higher by about 1.5. Has anyone else had this?

As I have the benchmarks it isn't too much of an issue as I just remember to adjust. I have also allowed for the 10 to 20 minutes between the readings.

Even with these few issues, having the trend over time has been really helpful in improving my control. Best of all, after the first few days of excessive finger pricking for comparison reasons, only pricking twice a day has really helped my fingers.

Reactions: 4 people

iHs

Oh no! I haven't been swimming since putting the Libre on - I've been too scared it wouldn't survive, so I've been thinking whether there's any kind of waterproof armband I could use to cover it while I swim. Abbotts do say you can swim up to half an hour in it, so I'd call them and complain!

Incidentally, I reduce my following basal dose by a unit when I've been swimming - just thinking about your previous post concerning nightime hypos.

Smidge

Ive just had a go at cutting the finger section off with a pair of scissors from a pair of marigolds (rubber gloves). Although the band part up my arm is yellow, it looks as though it will work and is waterproof and comfortable

Reactions: 4 people

smidge

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all, just received notification from PayPal that Abbotts have refunded my VAT and partial delivery from my starter pack order.

Smidge

smidge

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
My sensor now has 5 days left. For the first couple it was reading low and Abbott said they would replace as this wasn't right. Not that I have received it yet. Anyway, I have continued to use the sensor and as I drive to and from work I need to use my bg meter in the morning and evening. This means I have a good benchmark for the readings on the libre that day. I have noticed that yesterday and today the libre is now reading higher by about 1.5. Has anyone else had this?

As I have the benchmarks it isn't too much of an issue as I just remember to adjust. I have also allowed for the 10 to 20 minutes between the readings.

Even with these few issues, having the trend over time has been really helpful in improving my control. Best of all, after the first few days of excessive finger pricking for comparison reasons, only pricking twice a day has really helped my fingers.

Exactly the same here Darren - it started to read 1.5mmol higher on Thursday. Mine's now a bit random though so be careful. Yesterday it was 3mmol higher than the built-in meter at one stage. Today it's almost spot on again. Mine expires on Wednesday so I'll persevere until then.

Smidge

jay.ipswich

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Just ordered mine. Was using the Medtronic CGM for a couple of years, but stopped due to the high cost, and also found that I was becoming obsessed with continuously looking at my readings. The alerts were often waking me up at night also where it predicted I was going low, so I turned those off. This now looks like the perfect option. I used to have to use tegederm to keep the old sensors in place for 7 days, so interested to see how these ones hold up!