Room 101 (like the TV prog)

this is too difficult two

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I have an unusual and probably unpopular pet hate. Children standing in supermarket trollies. They walk across the car park through god knows what animal excrement then stand where I put my food. Would their parents let them stand on the surfaces in the kitchen? The it is in a bag argument is meaningless as you have to handle the bags.

Reactions: 5 people

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh yes!

The supermarket rants are coming thick and fast tonight.

And they ALL go in. Definitely. I agree with every single thing.

The day they fit a Gatling gun to the front of my supermarket trolley will be the day I stop paying for deliveries!

Reactions: 2 people

Otherhalf

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Halloween , kids far too old knocking on my door and asking for treats and money!
Don't really mind little ones , they got nothing either ,
Little more than begging !
Bah humbug

Reactions: 4 people

Otherhalf

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
People who set off fireworks days in front and after bonfire night , scaring animals and people. Polluting the environment , wasting money .......... Bah humbug , I'm miserable tonight

Reactions: 4 people

Otherhalf

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Christmas stuff in all the shops , it's only November tommorow !
Asdas has its Christmas aisle all set up today , in my world would only be allowed 14 days before Christmas day , makes it less special in my opinion .

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I need to make a confession.
And I accept whatever 101 waiting room purgatory punishment you all dish out.

We (Mr B, the dog and I) went out today, shopping at our local supermarket on the way home.
Mr B went in, with clear instructions on purchasing.
I stayed outside, standing under a tree, with the hound.
- the hound who had a wee virus last week, and who still has a slightly runny nose. Which he licks. Making his whiskers, moustache and beard wet. In all other respects he is fit, perky and has a clean bill of health from the vet.
So, there I am, staring into space. Zoned out, watching clouds or something.
And I feel a slight tug on the lead, look down, and find, to my horror that a small girl has sat down against the tree, the dog has climbed into her lap, and she is fondling his face, ears, moustache and beard.
:eek:
Dog's tail is a blur of delight.
Too late to prevent significant germ exchange!
But I did manage to stop her from kissing him.

Then she asked 'why is his face wet?'
And I lied. To my shame.
I told her he had just had a drink.

I'm a bad person :sorry:
In you go!

I am reporting you to RSPCA for allowing such a sweet little doggy to risk being infected by a grubby, germ laden small child.

Shame on you!

Reactions: 6 people

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have an unusual and probably unpopular pet hate. Children standing in supermarket trollies. They walk across the car park through god knows what animal excrement then stand where I put my food. Would their parents let them stand on the surfaces in the kitchen? The it is in a bag argument is meaningless as you have to handle the bags.

Children in supermarket trolleys in any way! I mean their grubby little backsides are too close to where I put my food. Alternatively for those with sweet clean tiny tots, do you really want to sit your precious offspring where some putrid snot covered sprog has been parked?

Yeeeuuuch! I hate supermarket trolleys. They should be decontaminated after every use.

this is too difficult two

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Children in supermarket trolleys in any way! I mean their grubby little backsides are too close to where I put my food. Alternatively for those with sweet clean tiny tots, do you really want to sit your precious offspring where some putrid snot covered sprog has been parked?

Yeeeuuuch! I hate supermarket trolleys. They should be decontaminated after every use.
And I thought I disliked it. Or was that sarcasm?

Last edited by a moderator:

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Halloween , kids far too old knocking on my door and asking for treats and money!
Don't really mind little ones , they got nothing either ,
Little more than begging !
Bah humbug
Quite right. Parents who allow their offspring to terrorise people by demanding treats in such a menacing way should be reported to social services. What is wrong with staying home bobbing apples, and telling scary tales?

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
:wideyed:

(This is me in the waiting room, surrounded by people who have really, really, really, learned their lessons. Me too, of course!)

satindoll

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
:wideyed:

(This is me in the waiting room, surrounded by people who have really, really, really, learned their lessons. Me too, of course!)

Well I don't know, you were really bad, are you sure you have learned your lesson

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
So O.K. your forgiven. hope your pooch is feeling better now.

Wheeee!!!! I'm free!!!!

Actually, he's fine. Really fine. Just has this slightly runny nose. Kind of like when we've had a cold and we have to keep blowing our nose for a few days. But he's energetic, happy and just as waggy and enthusiastic as ever. :happy:

satindoll

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Wheeee!!!! I'm free!!!!

Actually, he's fine. Really fine. Just has this slightly runny nose. Kind of like when we've had a cold and we have to keep blowing our nose for a few days. But he's energetic, happy and just as waggy and enthusiastic as ever. :happy:

Glad to hear that he's o.k.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Wheeee!!!! I'm free!!!!

No so fast! You allowed that poorly pooch to be molested by small child! I think at least you should be tagged. Though if you can prove the child became ill after the encounter then you could get away with just a caution.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Christmas stuff in all the shops , it's only November tommorow !
Asdas has its Christmas aisle all set up today , in my world would only be allowed 14 days before Christmas day , makes it less special in my opinion .

My wife was in a well known chemist chain the other day and they were playing Christmas songs :banghead:

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
No so fast! You allowed that poorly pooch to be molested by small child! I think at least you should be tagged. Though if you can prove the child became ill after the encounter then you could get away with just a caution.

I don't mind a tag, so long as I'm allowed out on dog walks.

You never know, we might get a chance to infect encounter more children...?