Not open for further replies.

kman

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Knowing others Won't learn from my mistakes, Being TERMINALLY ILL !
I agree this forum is the best! Such lovely people. It feels like a big extended family :)

Yep you guys are definitely my. EXTENDED FAMILY. !

Love to. All

Hugs.

xxxx.

Reactions: 3 people

NotSoSweet2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Rudeness, tv soaps.
Hi Kevin and Wendie of course,
So sorry to hear that you have been having such a rough ride, looking forward to your blog, take good care of yourself :)

Reactions: 5 people

kman

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hi Kevin and Wendie of course,
So sorry to hear that you have been having such a rough ride, looking forward to your blog, take good care of yourself :)

Thanks so much, lovely to see you posting here again, Hope you keeping well,

Love and Hugs.

xxxx.

Reactions: 2 people

alliebee

So many here are so pleased you are posting again. Even though its so very hard for you. Keep smiling special guy xxxx

annepgill

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Ignorance,racism
Love and hugs to you and the family Kevin xxx

S

Sable_Jan

Sadly Kev is not well at all today the idea was to hold off until he worked his way round the blog. However l thought it would be a positive move mentaly for him if folks could see it now.
The bots have just found it so it has started to pop up on searches but best is to go via the link.
http://diabetesterminalscared.blogspot.co.uk/

It is wotk in progress and some layout may change
Hope mods do not mind the post....many thanks
MID :)
Clicked the link so I can bookmark the blog - not read it yet but you and Kevin are stars - I pop in now and again (to the forum) but should do it more often. When I was reading regularly I was being more "good" about my food choices and testing. I need to get back on track with that and my exercise (did 10 mins - slowly - on my x-trainer today) but my fibromyalgia hinders things now and again menatally as well as physically

S

Sable_Jan

Hi Kevin,

I've been watching your story from a distance for a while and finally feel ready to say something.

This week I turned 30 and have decided that I'm going to make some changes. I've tried before and failed but this time I'm determined to do it.

I was diagnosed at 11 with type 2 diabetes (carried through my father's line) but as my father didn't control his diabetes and the doctors didn't seem concerned I didn't think it eas a big deal.
At the age of 21 (a week after my 21st birthday) I was taken to hospital suffering from a DKA coma, it was touch and go for a while, my parents were told to prepare for the worst and I spent 2 months in ICU on a ventilator. Somehow despite everything I made it through, I amazed the doctors by not suffering permanent brain damage.
It wasn't without its costs tho, after 6 months in hospital I was released having lost most of my hearing, the sight from one eye and sever mobility issues.
Worse from this my kidneys had been seriously effected.
You would think that going through all that would change things, for a while it did, but I started suffering from depression. I had been a promising law student, these days I find it difficult to hold down a basic wage job.
I stopped taking my medicaton.
These days I try very hard to take the mountain of pills everyday, it's not easy. Somedays I feel positive and I get through it, others I don't. My doctor keeps reminding me how important it is too take my medication, the think is I know that, I'm not stupid, I know the consequences I just can't beat that dark cloud.
Last month I eas told my kidneys are about to enter End Stage Renal failure and they are talking about the idea if transplant. It's all a bit much to take in.

I want to thank you for sharing your journey, I hope that I can face whatever is coming with the same strength.

Vicky x
Hi Vicky

You've made a good and brave start by sharing your story. Between the ages of 11 and 21 is a young age to be able to realise the consequences of untreated type 2 diabetes, hard enough for an adult (as you say with your father) so do not be too hard on yourself for not taking it "seriously". The consequences have been hard enough on you so give yourself a break. You are trying very hard now, be proud of that.

Thanks for sharing, take care and fingers crossed the kidneys hold out for you

S

Sable_Jan

RE YOUR COPD

Hi Kevin

Have heard wonderful things about serrapeptase - the now synthetic version of what silk worms use to break through their hard cocoons. It is supposedly completely safe to take with any medications and just gets rid of the organic **** that builds up within our bodies. It isn't cheap but if it works that will be one helluva lot of your chest :D quite literally. I believe it does need to be taken in higher doses than most pill bottles say but mayb a complementary therapist could advise you - or even a good health food store - I buy my herbals from these guys))

link to the product page and info on it

Edited . Advertising links removed. Moderator.

Last edited:

kman

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
:p
RE YOUR COPD

Hi Kevin

Have heard wonderful things about serrapeptase - the now synthetic version of what silk worms use to break through their hard cocoons. It is supposedly completely safe to take with any medications and just gets rid of the organic **** that builds up within our bodies. It isn't cheap but if it works that will be one helluva lot of your chest :D quite literally. I believe it does need to be taken in higher doses than most pill bottles say but mayb a complementary therapist could advise you - or even a good health food store I buy my herbals from these guys))

Will check it out, Anythings worth a try, will get advice before taking JUST to be safe. !

Thanks, lovely to see your still around, Hope your keeping well,

Love and. Big Hugs.

Kevin. & Wendie.

xxxx.

Last edited by a moderator:

kman

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
UPDATED the Blog folks, not much but check my new exclusive post there !

izzzi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi, Kevin,
Just read your latest entry on your blog, ( I had to read it a few times just to let it sink in how you are feeling )
I am going to show you something that is completely different yet I hope you enjoy it and also let your son Dayne have a look.
As you have probably guessed I am involved into motor sport, also the food that helps drivers progress in their personal growth in the sport.
This a clip of my son Alan when test driving a kart last Monday, believe me it is the first time I have heard my son swear, also forgive his comment about having fit legs.The most OUTRAGEOUS kart engine in the world - BRC150 Track Tested - YouTube
Now can I tune up your Electric Wheelchair.:)

kman

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hi, Kevin,
Just read your latest entry on your blog, ( I had to read it a few times just to let it sink in how you are feeling )
I am going to show you something that is completely different yet I hope you enjoy it and also let your son Dayne have a look.
As you have probably guessed I am involved into motor sport, also the food that helps drivers progress in their personal growth in the sport.
This a clip of my son Alan when test driving a kart last Monday, believe me it is the first time I have heard my son swear, also forgive his comment about having fit legs.The most OUTRAGEOUS kart engine in the world - BRC150 Track Tested - YouTube
Now can I tune up your Electric Wheelchair.:)

Roy. ... I now have a severe problem. ... Dayne will Kill Me ... When I have that engine fitted to my Wheelchair. LOL. ... Especially if he hasn't got that Kart under his backside, I wouldn't mind test driving that either. ??? But not sure it would be any good for use AROUND the house, a n d a bit low for reaching work surfaces too,

That was brilliant, currently 51 % downloaded having watched online wanted copy to keep, Thanks so much for the cheer up, Dayne is in bed. Works nights, he will love it, just out of interest how much is a Kart like that. ... Maybe I could sell Dayne and Wendie but keep the Dog right. ?!?

Thanks. Again.

Warmest Regards and a Man Hug.

Kevin.

izzzi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Roy. ... I now have a severe problem. ... Dayne will Kill Me ... When I have that engine fitted to my Wheelchair. LOL. ... Especially if he hasn't got that Kart under his backside, I wouldn't mind test driving that either. ??? But not sure it would be any good for use AROUND the house, a n d a bit low for reaching work surfaces too,

That was brilliant, currently 51 % downloaded having watched online wanted copy to keep, Thanks so much for the cheer up, Dayne is in bed. Works nights, he will love it, just out of interest how much is a Kart like that. ... Maybe I could sell Dayne and Wendie but keep the Dog right. ?!?

Thanks. Again.

Warmest Regards and a Man Hug.

Kevin.
Hi, Kevin, Approximately £5,000 .00p
We do not own such expensive karts, My son is involved in Karting and is quite lucky to test these machines.
Many years ago it was a great sport to get involved in, nowadays greed and rules have made it impossible for normal people to afford.
I must give Lewis Hamilton's Dad the greatest admiration of all . Lewis's Dad new his son had that extra talent,spent everything and stuck with him all the way.
Today you must have billions to get into the top of motor sport.
I have only got about one billion. ( I wish ):) But I love Motor Racing.

kman

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hi, Kevin, Approximately £5,000 .00p
We do not own such expensive karts, My son is involved in Karting and is quite lucky to test these machines.
Many years ago it was a great sport to get involved in, nowadays greed and rules have made it impossible for normal people to afford.
I must give Lewis Hamilton's Dad the greatest admiration of all . Lewis's Dad new his son had that extra talent,spent everything and stuck with him all the way.
Today you must have billions to get into the top of motor sport.
I have only got about one billion. ( I wish ):) But I love Motor Racing.

Roy, I thought it would be much more than that, used to marshal at Car and Bike racing at all levels but never Karting, or F1 , Lewis's dad is an Amazing guy, I know thier story, sure is Love and Dedication to his son, must admit i would have fancied Karting, but at Club Level back in the day, NOT the Over Bloated, Greed Filled and totally Exclusive club thaf Karting has become, thats why I thought the Kart would be much more, and though I agree about Bump Starting, Think I would have needed an EASIER way ... LOL. !

Enclave

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I have read you blog .. Letting go is the hardest thing ever. Your posts were one of the thing that got my OH to take controll of my DB.. I must thank you as I have good controll of my blood sugars now .. And it's all down to you and the rest of the forums here keeping me on the right track. Stay strong

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
If you look back a couple of pages in this thread to page 8, post 146, there's a link to it.

kman

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I have read you blog .. Letting go is the hardest thing ever. Your posts were one of the thing that got my OH to take controll of my DB.. I must thank you as I have good controll of my blood sugars now .. And it's all down to you and the rest of the forums here keeping me on the right track. Stay strong

http://diabetesterminalscared.blogspot.co.uk/

kman

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
If you look back a couple of pages in this thread to page 8, post 146, there's a link to it.

Hey Sweetie, SORRY long time no see, it,'s been tough lately, how are you ?

Love. and. Many Hugs. & Kisses.

xxxx.

Status
Not open for further replies.