Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

alliebee

A very disappointing 8.1 again today. Think going up to 40 gm a bit too quick trying to stabilize weight back to 35 for a bit methinks. I don't want to lose much more.

Reactions: 5 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
A very disappointing 8.1 again today. Think going up to 40 gm a bit too quick trying to stabilize weight back to 35 for a bit methinks. I don't want to lose much more.

I don't know the validity of this, but I have read from a few people on the forum that when you increase your carbs your body is still expecting the previous amount, so only produces enough insulin for that reduced amount. Hence the BS rises. It takes a few days for the body to adjust to the new amount, and once it does, the BS MAY stabilise again. I'm not sure if this is also the case with Type 1.5's like you, on insulin.

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.1 this morning for me. My first FULL non-working weekend in over 20 months, going to be in the pub this afternoon seeing a friend's band playing live, live bands are my passion!!

Reactions: 9 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
So, end of month averages, bedtime 5.4, mornings 5.6.

Last night 5.6
This morning 5.5

Reactions: 7 people

alliebee

I don't know the validity of this, but I have read from a few people on the forum that when you increase your carbs your body is still expecting the previous amount, so only produces enough insulin for that reduced amount. Hence the BS rises. It takes a few days for the body to adjust to the new amount, and once it does, the BS MAY stabilise again. I'm not sure if this is also the case with Type 1.5's like you, on insulin.
I need to change my signature. Lol. They initially thought I was 1.5 Lada. But it was that I was extremely insulin resistant in the end and came off insulin after my initial weight loss before this time...think you may be right re carbs though. I need to not be in such a rush to change things and give it some time. Thankyou

Reactions: 3 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
6 this morning. Rough night. And Mr Ethyl is late with my get out of bed brew.

Reactions: 4 people

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It is because of this memory effect that, anyone about to take a glucose tolerance test is asked to consume at least 130g of carbs per day for a week prior to the test. The body needs to get used to processing carbs again, otherwise the test will be artificially skewed towards a higher value than it should be.

Pavlos

Reactions: 2 people

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I wish I knew how to from my tablet or phone just can't find out how to do it :(
Alliebee- I always use my kindle and have updated my signature a few times- click on your picture at the top right, you will see the word "signature" and then you click on "edit signature" and add/edit!;)

MsVelvet

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well just got home from eating Japanese BBQ. Before I left the house was 5.9. I ate a truckload of thinly sliced marbled wagu beef. Wagu has lots of marbling and cooked on the bbq is to die for. Then ate some sliced pork better, a little less than the truckload of wagu. Washed it down with chicken consume with spring onion in it (4 small bowls). No rice and resisted the kiwi fruit sorbet. Get home an hour after eating and my blood sugar is 5.1. My body clearly loves a good bit of well marbled wagu beef!

Reactions: 6 people
Status
Not open for further replies.