BS readings

alliebee

pre tea 5.4 post tea 8.3
i knew the latter would be quite high as i had baked beans

Might have been the baked beans Ally that gave you your 13 fasting today. I think you said before that they sent you high. Still now you know for sure...why not try haricot beans. Its the tomato sauce that has lots of carbs. Even sadly the reduced sugar ones..you could try draining the sauce off them if you really like them?

Reactions: 3 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I can't eat baked beans, neither the normal ones nor the reduced sugar ones. They send me sky high. Pity because they make a quick useful lunch, but I don't have them anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 4 people

alliebee

Morning Ally! :). Hope you had nice visit with your mum
How have your readings been? I'm struggling again on an 8 fasting. Looks like too many carbs for me trying to maintain my weight. So back down with the few extra carbs I was allowing myself and more salad dressings ect this week

Reactions: 2 people

alliebee

I agree. So sorry to say it but not possible. You may have a bad strip there ally. Which is hard to hear I know with such a good result

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
My breakfasts peak at 1 hour, dropping at 2 hours but still up, and still up at 3 hours. Back down to where I started before lunch, but not much before. (Greek yogurt and a few strawberries, about 9g carbs and a lot of fat, plus a couple of mugs of tea)

alliebee

I've been 8 fasting almost immediate breakfast of yoghurt and berries. And down to 7.something 2 hrs. But never 4 mmols? Even after bacon and eggs and mushroooms I'm only 2 mmol at the very best 2 hours later and mostly the same. By lunch I've very often dropped to 6.7 or near and then my after lunch goes low as I go naturally low in the afternoon. ( lazy pancreas) lol. I'm very much afraid you got a duff reading there Ally

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I think afternoons are best for most of us because our insulin resistance improves as the day goes on and our exercise benefits are accumulating (even just mundane housework etc) Best readings are often pre-tea. My mornings are not as good.

Reactions: 4 people

alliebee

Pre lunch 6.1
After 8.2. Lunch was celery sticks filled with philli cream cheese and peanut butter. Higher in calories than carbs but trying not to lose any more. Then 2 sq of dark orange chocolate. Oh heavenly. Can't have this in the house v often

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
pre lunch 6.1 post 6.8

the 11.4 was first thing this morning, i forgot to test just before breakfast and the 7 was 2 hours after breakfast