esa got stopped

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi in 22 and had diabetes since I was 8 but since I moved in my self I have had alot of bad going on I am scares to do my injections at night I do do them but I do not do the amount I am ment to as in scared to have a hypo while am asleep basicley I have now got neurophathy and its really sore in hospital alot I have been on esa for 2 years and now I have been taking off but my diabetes has got worse .. I'm in hdu as soon as I catch a cold I have been in about 6times this year is their anything I can do. to get my esa back .. I also have bad panick attack .. I am also on am atryplin for neirophathy and insulin. aLso anti depressents for depression and panick attack .. Because I don't dad much insulin at night when I wake up I feel awful t

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
i would ring the benefits people
you should have had another form to fill in to see if you could get esa to carry on

Reactions: 2 people

ne0h

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Have you thought about visiting your local Citizen's Advice Bureau. They can help with this sort of problem

copepod

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Also, worth asking about education courses to help you cope better with your diabetes - DAFNE (Dose Adjustment For Normal Eating) is the most widespread, and covers much more than food.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Have you made an appeal against the decision to stop your benefits? You would need the help of a Welfare Rights Officer. The Citizens Advice Bureau will point you in the right direction.

Reactions: 2 people

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
i was wondering if you have seen anyone yet

dmcx3x

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I.am.waiting.to hear back.from.my appeal and I have heard of the Dafne.cource they don't do it iny hospital only if you are going on a pump.wich I.am not I inject .. I will.tryy.cab I.have been to them.before never found them very helpful I just.font get how they can.stop.paying me.because.I.am.just out of hospital for a serious thing.

nephie

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi in 22 and had diabetes since I was 8 but since I moved in my self I have had alot of bad going on I am scares to do my injections at night I do do them but I do not do the amount I am ment to as in scared to have a hypo while am asleep basicley I have now got neurophathy and its really sore in hospital alot I have been on esa for 2 years and now I have been taking off but my diabetes has got worse .. I'm in hdu as soon as I catch a cold I have been in about 6times this year is their anything I can do. to get my esa back .. I also have bad panick attack .. I am also on am atryplin for neirophathy and insulin. aLso anti depressents for depression and panick attack .. Because I don't dad much insulin at night when I wake up I feel awful t
danielle, what you need to do is split your background into 2 i.e. if you take 50 units do 25 units in the morning and the other 25 before you go to sleep. you don't need to be on or due to go on a pump to attend a dafne course and i highly recommend it. as far as the depression goes i think counciling will work better than drugs. hope this helps

Tracey167

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi

I would split your background insulin im suprised the hospital havent told you to do that already i find it alot better, it maybe an extra injection to do but it will ease your worry. Do you eat a small snack before bed, i find that if you are 6.0mmol or below before bed a small bowl of cereal with take you through the night or if you are above 6.0mmol have a couple of dries biscuits like rich tea or digestives. Also have you tried claiming for income support because if you have a family member or close friend who can spend upto 35 hours a week they can become your carer but you will have to recieve middle rate DLA to qualify for carers allowance, or otherwise ring benefits enquiry line and explain your situation they should be able to put you onto the right benefit. Did you appeal your ESA claim .

good luck
tracey167