primula cheese

N

nicolabarnett

Hi all, just thinking of things to have for low carb breakfast and lunch, would primula squirty cheese spread be low carb.please? X

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi,

The best option is to look at the nutrition on the label. Don't look at the sugars, just look at the carbohydrates.

Cheese tends to be low carb, or very low carb. but processed cheese may have stuff added to it, which increased the carbs a bit.

However, it is always going to be a MUCH better option than jam, or pickles, or anything like that.

:)

akindrat18

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all, just thinking of things to have for low carb breakfast and lunch, would primula squirty cheese spread be low carb.please? X

Primula Squirty Cheese is low carb, for a 25g squeeze it contains one gram of carbs (of which 0.7 grams is sugar), it has 3 grams of protein, 3.7 grams of fats and provides 50 calories. I might buy some and top it on a burger with some mayo chilli.

http://www.primula.co.uk/primula-cheese-range.html
http://www.primula.co.uk/dips-range.html

N

nicolabarnett

Thanks for your replies, I'm thinking of things to have for lunch apart from pate on celery!!

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for your replies, I'm thinking of things to have for lunch apart from pate on celery!!
oooh, how about:

cream cheese, hummus, taramasalata, cold meats, feta, nuts, cheese, seeds, tomatoes, olives, crustless quiche, hard boiled eggs, home made soups and stew, bulletproof coffee, pork scratchings, 9bars, peanut butter, other nut butters, green salads...

Reactions: 11 people

izzzi

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
oooh, how about:

cream cheese, hummus, taramasalata, cold meats, feta, nuts, cheese, seeds, tomatoes, olives, crustless quiche, hard boiled eggs, home made soups and stew, bulletproof coffee, pork scratchings, 9bars, peanut butter, other nut butters, green salads...

Honest @Brunneria I am just nit picking as usual, I also like 9 bars but what about the sugar content
Is 9bar ok for diabetics?
9bars do contain sugar so they are not specifically advisable for diabetics. However as our scientific understanding of diabetes has improved it has moved away from the traditional no sugar and now promotes an overall healthy diet, specifically managing blood sugar levels.
:):):)

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Honest @Brunneria I am just nit picking as usual, I also like 9 bars but what about the sugar content
Is 9bar ok for diabetics?
9bars do contain sugar so they are not specifically advisable for diabetics. However as our scientific understanding of diabetes has improved it has moved away from the traditional no sugar and now promotes an overall healthy diet, specifically managing blood sugar levels.
:):):)

Lol

Eat to your meter.

9bars spike me by a MASSIVE 1mmol/l at 1 hour on average. Usually dropped back to my starting figure by 2 hours.
So I take that as acceptible. :D

Reactions: 8 people