One of the best things since joining here .....

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
Home made yoghurt.
Since the first pot I was encouraged or should that be inspired to make in the summer I haven't stopped.
I make around three litres a week sometimes five and love the stuff.

Reactions: 4 people

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I have found that I love the 100% full fat Greek style yoghurt. I have it first thing and for my supper.
This is so unusual because I don't do dairy!

Reactions: 2 people

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
Breakfast and supper for me too.
I'm experimenting endlessly with flavourings and recently got some sugar laden sauces from ASDA.
toffee ... strawberry and chocolate .... I know I know but .... I have a tiny bit to give it that that something iundustrial maybe and grate a littl plain dark chocolate in or some strawbs even coffee with the toffee tinned fruit fresh fruit coconut creamed and dessicated .nuts too in fact I even do a chocolate walnut whip job ...... only limited by your imagination.
I haven't drank milk since primary school back in the fifties and sixties ... that warm wishy washy stuff would I imagine have put off the best part of a generation but .... I love yoghurt.
Even more so now I make my own.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Yeah, I count it now as a necessity rather than a treat with some dark chocolate and a few berries or some fruit, strawberries are my favourite, the bitter with the sweet enhances the yoghurt taste.
I will have to have a look at the flavourings and the nuts.
Always experimenting and testing.

Can I raid the fridge again before bedtime?
Temptation!!!

C

chris lowe

Did you see the report that 2 tbsp of yoghurt a day can prevent type 2? They also said sleeping naked can prevent it too but I don't think we'd better get into that theory! :facepalm:

Reactions: 7 people

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Did you see the report that 2 tbsp of yoghurt a day can prevent type 2? They also said sleeping naked can prevent it too but I don't think we'd better get into that theory! :facepalm:
How did my secret get out?

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Home made yoghurt.
Since the first pot I was encouraged or should that be inspired to make in the summer I haven't stopped.
I make around three litres a week sometimes five and love the stuff.

It's the one thing I have really missed recently, now it's back on the menu!

C

chris lowe

Are you Herr Flick from the Gestapo?

Are you that old to remember 'allo 'allo?
Herr Flick has got nothing on my methods, but if I told you I would have to kill you. Of course I do remember my granny telling me about 'allo "allo when I was sitting on her lap! :facepalm: