FREESTYLE LIBRE ON SALE!!!!

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Do you find that having a lot of glycogen onboard makes a difference?,

I'm not sure if it's having a lot of glycogen, but on the basis that I had eaten only 2g carbs then that was certainly a 'liver dump'. I used to get those sorts of dumps a lot which is why I low carb now.

Bit of a tangent here Robert, how do you find the Accu-check mobile? I deeply regret switching over to it. The convenience of having a drum of test strips is outweighed heavily with multiple errors, low blood errors while actually applying blood and wonky readings, it's the first glucometer to give me false low readings.
Surprisingly I have found the mobile to be quite comparable to the Libre's built in test strip readings, as well as the Neo's, over the last few weeks. Generally within a few 10ths of each other.

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
i did. I spent ages trying to get through. i spoke to an obnoxious woman who couldnt be bothered and who told me to wait... it will come.
I then demanded my money back and she said once it arrives, then i should send it back and they will refund it. They couldnt have cared. I am so dissapointed in their customer care. Chronopost dont have a number to contact them on neither
Call Abbott UK and make a complaint.

The French company are some kind of health care support call-centre and distribution company, according to @phoenix

Edit: I order two sensors on 4th November and they arrived on 7th. Thankfully DPD sent me a text to say they were delivering that day, as I got no notification about it from Abbott until 10th.

darrenh04

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I ordered 2 more sensors on the 11th. I received an email to say they were on their way but nothing has come. I do have a tracking number and it looks like they have been sent but are just sitting in transit. Tried to call on the 00800 number and received recorded message that it was out of order. I have sent an email but last time it took 14 days for them to come back.

Luckily I had a third sensor as my first was replaced, just going to keep chasing as the 14 day countdown started last night.

Emmotha

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Low carb today and please with my results :)
image.jpg

My scans are about 0.5 mmol down today so looks slightly better than it is

Reactions: 9 people

DunePlodder

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
So, here's some stats from my first two sensors that some of you might be interested in:

Out of 201 (yes, really!!!) comparable BG tests on my AC Mobile and scans on the Libre:

103 had a difference of >= +/- 1mmol

of that 49 had a difference of >= +/- 1.5mmol
of that 21 had a difference of >= +/- 2mmol
of that 14 had a difference of >= +/- 2.5mmol
and of that 8 had a difference of >= +/- 3mmol
with 1 reading a massive 5mmol out.

159 of the 201 were higher on the Libre than the Mobile and 38 were lower.
The Mobile was within 0.3 mmol of the built-in Libre meter whenever I checked it (only checked it 6 times though due to lack of strips).

So, that's the accuracy from my first two sensors.

Smidge

I had a look at some of my Dexcom data. Note though that I only did 100 comparisons (about 3 weeks worth) as I got bored with entering them into the spreadsheet.So you need to double them for a quick comparison.

Out of 100

35 had a difference of >= +/- 1.0mmol

of that 20 had a difference of >= +/- 1.5mmol
of that 10 had a difference of >= +/- 2mmol
of that 6 had a difference of >= +/- 2.5mmol
and of that 3 had a difference of >= +/- 3mmol
with 2 reading > 5mmol out. one 9.2 different.

I restart sensors so some of these results are 3 or more weeks in. Two different sensors included in this data.
The overall average difference was +/- 0.98. Of course some of these readings (& yours I'm sure) had up or down arrows perhaps explaining the differences
Make of it what you will!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 2 people

Rainey

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Well, for CGMs the recommendation was back of arm or stomach, so that's probably the best place to try if you are a betting person.
Ive tried the top back of the deltoid, but also lost one off the back of my arm after 4 days and the other off my deltoid after 24 hrs and two heavy sessions rowing and in the gym. The concepts great, the product not fit for purpose. Their customer service team are a disgrace no response on email at all. Ive not had chance to ring but will do tomorrow. If I get no response the next steps are Trading Standards

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
I'm intrigued as to what you are doing in the gym @Rainey? I've done a load of triceps work over the past few weeks and taking the sensor off was hard work, it was so well stuck down!

jddukes

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

smidge

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I had a look at some of my Dexcom data. Note though that I only did 100 comparisons (about 3 weeks worth) as I got bored with entering them into the spreadsheet.So you need to double them for a quick comparison.

Out of 100

35 had a difference of >= +/- 1.0mmol

of that 20 had a difference of >= +/- 1.5mmol
of that 10 had a difference of >= +/- 2mmol
of that 6 had a difference of >= +/- 2.5mmol
and of that 3 had a difference of >= +/- 3mmol
with 2 reading > 5mmol out. one 9.2 different.

I restart sensors so some of these results are 3 or more weeks in. Two different sensors included in this data.
The overall average difference was +/- 0.98. Of course some of these readings (& yours I'm sure) had up or down arrows perhaps explaining the differences
Make of it what you will!

So very similar level of accuracy really except for the higher proportion of overall readings at +/- 1.0 on my Libre. That's really useful to know. As others were reporting much better accuracy than I was seeing, I was wondering about faults etc, but it might really just be that different people have different ratios of BG to IFG or something like that.

Smidge

igmr

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
So very similar level of accuracy really except for the higher proportion of overall readings at +/- 1.0 on my Libre. That's really useful to know. As others were reporting much better accuracy than I was seeing, I was wondering about faults etc, but it might really just be that different people have different ratios of BG to IFG or something like that.

Smidge

It is not unknown for both manufacturers and their competitors to place marketing comments in threads such as this. Not that I believe for one second that this is happening here.:wideyed:

I got my replacement sensor today, Now waiting for a replacement meter, once I have that I shall archive everything to date, ignore it all and start again.

Omnipod

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I don't see the point in taking a risk with it catching or coming loose personally, and as I go to the gym every day from the very minute I put it in I covered it with a bit of strong and sticky physio tape with a hole cut in the middle. Not had a single problem even with a lot of running/weights/showering:

2014_11_20_21_35.jpg

This is the physio tape I bought:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00BD2KG9E?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00

Works pretty well!

J

I too go to the gym daily, cycle to work and back, shower twice a day and ive had a steam and a jacuzzi..... my sensor stayed on without tape. At the end of 14 days..... i had to really pull it off.

Omnipod

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Had my hba1c done. I been wearing a sensor for a month. When down loading the reports, it gives you an HBA1C %.
Mine was spot on with the HBA1c done at the clinic. 7.3%

Interesting to see if others get the same.

Reactions: 3 people

LucySW

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
It is not unknown for both manufacturers and their competitors to place marketing comments in threads such as this. Not that I believe for one second that this is happening here.:wideyed:
Happily in this case we know both Smidge and DunePlodder ...

Reactions: 6 people

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
The Libre came into its own this morning. As I posted here http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/has-anyone-seen-lantus-do-this.67751/#post-683100 I had a somewhat "interesting" experience with my a.m. Lantus shot (I'm almost certain that it's similar to what happened a little over 4 weeks ago) (here: http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/well-that-was-embarrassing.66872/).

The difference with having the Libre available was that I could see the drop happening, keep tabs on it and treat it before it got to the point that I ended up collapsing in the street and spraining my ankle. Just the one occurrence like this is enough for me to think that I don't care about the cost and that I will continue to buy sensors. Occasions like this are where CGM is indispensable (and let's face it, this is really a type of CGM), and also very revealing.

DunePlodder

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

I'm just a Dexcom user who is watching the Libre threads with great interest.
The more options there are the better.

smidge

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm just a Dexcom user who is watching the Libre threads with great interest.
The more options there are the better.

And I'm just a Libre user who has been seeing a higher level of inaccuracy than other people were reporting. I had been in a conversation some months ago with DunePlodder about the Dexcom as I was considering getting one. I am very grateful to DunePlodder for taking the time to post the results from the Dexcom.

I know some people have a problem with all drug companies and sometimes with good reason, but let's not get paranoid eh?

Smidge

phoenix

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Just looking at the tags on peoples names will give an indication how long people have been posting on this forum. You'll find that many have been here for a very long time. It's usually when people disagree that these accusations of being a company shill come up.
Maybe I should apply for the job. If I were one, then I could perhaps afford to buy a few more sensors ;)

Reactions: 4 people

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I too go to the gym daily, cycle to work and back, shower twice a day and ive had a steam and a jacuzzi..... my sensor stayed on without tape. At the end of 14 days..... i had to really pull it off.

Lucky! Mine have both started to come off themselves so I stuck them with opsite after a few days