Twitter

rossh

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
How many use Twitter to get info, news and support for Diabetes? There seems to be a fairly large diabetes online community on Twitter. However, I don't think you can beat a site/forum like this though.

Ross

Reactions: 2 people
C

chris lowe

How many use Twitter to get info, news and support for Diabetes? There seems to be a fairly large diabetes online community on Twitter. However, I don't think you can beat a site/forum like this though.

Ross
Must admit I've not tried Twitter, I hate the way people hide their real identity and then abuse others. I'm all for freedom of speech but only if you're brave enough to own up to who you are. And no, I don't think you can beat this site/forum. Everyone is kind and helpful even if they don't agree with some crazy idea you've put forward.

Reactions: 5 people

Sancho panza

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sorry not for me i class Twitter as being in the same boat as Facebook
I have no interest in the minutiae of other people's life's

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Don't use any of the social media sites, as you say Roshh, you can't beat this forum for help and support.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people

Ross
Never use Twitter, here is the best :)

Reactions: 2 people

dtennant9

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Ross

Do use twitter but not really for Diabetes information.

izzzi

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Must admit I've not tried Twitter, I hate the way people hide their real identity and then abuse others. I'm all for freedom of speech but only if you're brave enough to own up to who you are. And no, I don't think you can beat this site/forum. Everyone is kind and helpful even if they don't agree with some crazy idea you've put forward.
We do hide our identity a little on this site which is not a bad thing., probably for security reasons etc;
I would like to think what some of our members are like if we all meet up for a cup of T.
We would be like the way neighbours were in the 50s I hope :):):)

Reactions: 4 people