Abnormal liver results with diabetes type 2

gaw96

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Can anyone help me as I have been having so much trouble with my tummy and bowels, they are greasy and foul smelling and embarrassing in all ways possible. I have been taking diabetes medication including metformin, in fact all types but my tummy problems just get worse and my levels no better. I saw my diabetic nurse today and told her in detail about my problems with "going" constantly and she has taken me off medication completely and asked me to make appointment with doctor to explain. She wants me to wait until my tummy settles before considering insulin and I am worried if my problems are due to my pancreas. Any advice would be appreciated please.

Patricia21

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Animal crualty
Hello and welcome.
It took me 6 months to get on to 1x500mg of Metformin.I kept stopping and starting again,same problem as you,My family said I should take them,I looked up other medication,but thought Metformin seemed the best,I still get the odd pain in my stomach but nothing much,
I wish I had joined the forum before taking Metformin as I could have managed to control with diet as my BS has gone right down with diet.
I have decided to stay on Metformin because I couldent go through that again,and as we know diabetes is progressive.
You dont say what your levels are.

Reactions: 4 people

Patricia21

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Animal crualty
I should have said welcome,look at the posts,there is lots of help and friendly people.
.Just ask and somone will help.
I advise you to look at diet.

Reactions: 2 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello and welcome.
It took me 6 months to get on to 1x500mg of Metformin.I kept stopping and starting again,same problem as you,My family said I should take them,I looked up other medication,but thought Metformin seemed the best,I still get the odd pain in my stomach but nothing much,
I wish I had joined the forum before taking Metformin as I could have managed to control with diet as my BS has gone right down with diet.
I have decided to stay on Metformin because I couldent go through that again,and as we know diabetes is progressive.
You dont say what your levels are.

Patricia - It is my firm belief that T2 diabetes, in particular, is considered progressive because most T2s are incredibly passive in the "management" of their condition. I use the "" because, based on feedback from my GP, the majority of T2s don't manage their diabetes at all, aside from taking medication. I'm hoping, and will be trying my hardest to ensure my own diabetes doesn't progress, or if it does, it will be as slowly as I can manage to control it.

Reactions: 2 people

Patricia21

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Animal crualty
Me too AndBreath.
My sister in law had T2 ,had a new kidney and lost three toes in 5 years then died.age 62.
Im going to die of somthing ,but not diabetes.I dont care how much I spend on testing.
Gosh Im glad of this forum,

gaw96

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Thank you everyone, I am new to this site and forum so really would appreciate your tips on diet and what to eat and what to avoid. My cholesterol level is high but I cannot tolerate high dose statins, and the new advice on eating saturated fats again is very confusing because one time it is low fat and then the opposite, advice is always changing. Help!!!!