Peripheral neuropathy

sutch24

Hi I was wondering if any one else is suffering with this like me as feeling pretty alone. I have no feeling in both legs from below the knees but constant burning pains in both feet. I'm on amitriptyine tryed gabapentin it me angry and sleepy so now on pregablin they do not seem to have done anything. Any advice on what to do now would be good as I would happily cut both feet off if this carry on.

Reactions: 2 people

brettsza

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi I am sorry to hear your situation but I am sure someone here will be able to help you or share there experience.

Fallgal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
You are certainly not alone! I suffered from painful toes/feet (feels more like someone is stabbing me with a butcher knife), with some burning sensation as well, for a few years. I did not know I had diabetes at the time and attributed the pain to an accident I had a few years ago. When I was diagnosed in April of this year, I started doing a lot of research on diabetes and realized that the pain I was experiencing was common among diabetics. For me, reducing my carbs and getting more exercise has been very helpful. I don't know if it will ever go away but it has *greatly* reduced, enough so that I can finally get a proper night's sleep! (Something I struggled with for years!) I also gently massage my feet before bedtime. Since I spend a lot of time in front of the computer working, I take many frequent breaks and walk up and down the stairs a few times to keep things moving.

brettsza

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well actually I had some weird feeling few days ago and I saw the doc and she just dismissed me saying everything is fine but last night I saw I had a little bit of swelling on my leg not a lot but just a bit, and since then I am feeling a little funny in my leg, again this could all be psychological but if I go to the doc she will just say these small things happen to everyone but you just see it and relate it to your diabetes and how serious it could be, if you were normal with no diabetes you would have not even come to see me, these were the exact words of my doc when I saw her last time. So i will leave it for a few days and with weekend coming will try and keep my feet up and see if it makes any difference. My BG is well controlled.

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
Same here! Pain in my feet would wake me up at night...now I'm on lchf control eating to my meter, my neuropathy in my feet has almost gone to the point where I can sleep through the night now,and I've lost 33 lbs in weight as well, all good and shows that we can halt neuropathy damage and even reverse it! Hope you get rid of your pains soon !

reaman

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Same here! Pain in my feet would wake me up at night...now I'm on lchf control eating to my meter, my neuropathy in my feet has almost gone to the point where I can sleep through the night now,and I've lost 33 lbs in weight as well, all good and shows that we can halt neuropathy damage and even reverse it! Hope you get rid of your pains soon !

rive, post: 683681, member: 132592"]Same here! Pain in my feet would wake me up at night...now I'm on lchf control eating to my meter, my neuropathy in my feet has almost gone to the point where I can sleep through the night now,and I've lost 33 lbs in weight as well, all good and shows that we can halt neuropathy damage and even reverse it! Hope you get rid of your pains soon ![/QUOTE]
I was diagnosed I

treytrey

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have nerve damage in my feet too from having type 1 for 30 years (and I'm only 38) also steroids for 4 years for sarcoidosis as well as hypothyroidism all autoimmune diseases and when my bsl is high it is like walking on broken glass and I have tried all the pills you mentioned and have found 300mg of lyrica at night (otherwise you quite tired) works best. Definitely worth trying.

beardie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
many people here suffer from neuropathy mate. There seem to be many different types and levels.

fionamarie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I feel your pain, Neuropathic pain for years, leg cramps and both knees replaced due to arthritis, but yet the pain is still there despite the medications

Adelle0607

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I suffer from it too on and off, the first time I went for a screening, the neurologist asked if I had diabetes (I didn't know back then), although with good control it's not as bad as it used to be. It's kept to a minimum.

rebusuk

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Prescribed Duloxetine for neuropathic pain in feet about a year ago. Hasn't done a great deal for the foot pain tbh, but my irritability and habit of snapping at people when my bg was looping the loop has almost completely vanished!. Turns out that this drug is also prescribed as an anti-depressive. Happy Days!! (Literally in my case). Type 1 for 40 years.

Reactions: 4 people

kman

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Knowing others Won't learn from my mistakes, Being TERMINALLY ILL !
Read my threads @kman it may help.

Best of Luck,

Hope you learn to feel better soon

Best. Regards.