Driving licence revoked

CollieBoy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi carb Foods
D.V.L.A are part of the goverment most of the time they don't give a **** about you and me <snip>
To be accurate they are an Executive Agency ; a QUANGO set up so the government can deny responsibility for things:mad::facepalm::woot:

Scouser58

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Hello alohanicky 2009, and every body else, I have read all the posts about the loss of your licence, and what a devastating thing to have happened.
You have checked with all points medical, and nobody has owned up to 'snitching' on you, so have you asked that partner, who you say knows about diabetes, and in effect knows nothing. Has he contacted them? you got through to the DVLA, did you ask them who contacted them?
I would not have thought that the ambulance crew would report a hypo, they might tell the police about drunk drivers,
So the plot thickens? I have read that you have really lost everything, your vehicle, your job, your freedom, what a wicked thing somebody has done to you, I hope when you find out who did this to you that you thank them in the most sarcastic way you can, and then ask them how they are going to 'pay you back' for all the losses you have suffered. tell us how things go, ttfn

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Ambulance people do not even tell hospitals or GP's (unless actually admitted)... Let alone the DVLA!!
I had a driving incident and had ambulance and 3 police cars out to me called by an off duty fireman. I was not admitted to hospital. The police told me that they would inform dvla and that I had too. The hospital and GP were not informed of anything from the ambulance service. Their computer systems are totally separate to nhs hosp and gp. They are not interactive, thats why they still remain having to write everything on paper to hand over if you do get admitted.

No point causing more grief as to snitching.... Sorry... It is a waste of emotions. Move on. Deal with the present situation, don't look to blame other people, it doesn't solve anything..

Reactions: 2 people

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Incidentally, if you tick the box to say you DON'T have hypo's then they will revoke your license. They think this means, that actually you are having hypo's (as thats the norm with injections), and you aren't recognising them!!!

carinryan

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have been a diabetic (Type 1 in modern terminology) since April 1978 whilst serving in Cyprus. At that time I informed DVLA and have been on a three year licence ever since. I submitted my renewal well over a month ago and only on Wednesday did I receive a letter from DVLA telling me my licence had been revoke until December 26th this year. Yes, I had ticked the box about two Hypos in the last twelve months, never having been notified of the change in rules and never having had any trouble with nenewal over the past 47 years. I also, at age 60, qualified as a Driving Instructor, so was well aware of the need to be honest with DVLA and also the need for stops whilst diving great distances. Yes I had two hypos, one in December last year and one in January. Both were overnight after terrible train Journeys with GNER, resulting in the trains running very late and running out of 'on-board' eatable food. In December I opted to travel to Carlise by train due to the adverse weather conditions. Mistake! on the return journey the train sat in Carlise station for an hour and a half waiting on a crew. That was the start of a journey that just went from bad to worse. The January delay was due to a cracked windscreen. The GNER express never going greater than 40 - 50 mph and on reaching York diverted to Leeds. I would have been quicker getting off at York and getting a bus to Doncaster! Anyway both journeys upset my diabetic control resulting in hypos during the night, my wife calling out the paramedics. I notified my doctor both times and as I heard nothing further continued to drive. As an aside if I had been driving on both journeys no hypos would have happened as I always carry plenty of provisions in the car and the life saver of all lifesavers - Travel Sweets'. Anyway back to the present. on receiving the letter from DVLA i immediately telephoned them to find out if I could appeal the decision. I was politly told, by a nice sounding Welsh lady - 'NO'. When I pointed out the wording of their letter I was then told they were too busy to cope with an appeal and as my renewal date was 26 December 2014 I could send the renewal forms in now. This is what I will do. Just one taught. When DVLA receive my renewal application I will still have had 'two disabilitating hypos within the last 12 months. Will they renew my licence? I am sorry to say that dealing with their call center personnel makes me understand why several people I know have lied to them!

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
Hi I think you will find you will not have your licence back for 12 months from the date of the last hypo needing assistance. You will have to jump through hoops as well to get it back which include consultants letters and GP reports. Make sure you also have at least 3 months worth of blood sugar results to show as well.

TEMPLER

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
D.V.L.A.
Still trying to find out if DVLC contacted anyone , my GP says she has been contacted my DSNURSE was shocked that I lost licence as no one has asked about my control from her but the hospital consultant or his sectatary for diabetes has not returned my calls when I ve left messages, so perhaps I need to chase that path a bit further, my eye consultant has said my eye sight should be fine for driving . I wonder if DLVC has asked anyone or just taken a vote and revoked it, perhaps I should not have been so honest and deny ever having a hypo, I have never called for help but some one did a number of months ago as they panic and did not know what to do, I am happy to treat a hypo in my chaotic fashion, but never drive with BS lower than a 6 ever, my BS generally are too high, will gather the energy to do battle ,
DVLA are a law upon them selfs send them a recorded letter asking to state how and why they revoced your licence, also stating you are giving them 21 days to your letter to reply . you may find that some one has reported you but it wont be your Dr ,your Dr can not do this it is against confidenchalaty law the most the Dr can do is adviss you not to drive and then tell you wether or not you need to inform DVLA
,if thay DON'T reply wihin the time phone DVLA medical department 0300 790 6806 and ask for complatents as you have not had a reply to your recorded letter and that you are about to contact you MP so he/she will get involved and that you are going to ask your MP to lobby the goverment to ask why it takes them so long do do anything, you mite have a shock I did I got my car licence back in 17 days but sill waiting on my HGV GOOD LUCK

domark

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
packaged food, spirits
When I was put on insulin after being a type 2 for 7+ years I received from DVLA the standard enquiry form to complete. One of the questions was ambiguous & cosequently I answered incorrectly. By return mail DVLA demanded the return of both parts of my liscence & instructed me not to drive. After several phone calls to dvla I was informed that my answers to their questionaire were not satisfactory ,I had answered 1 question wrongly in error. The Dvla told me this was a common occurence on this question as it was written in a misleading way. It took after much pleading & 6 weeks to get my liscence returned after phone calls by my GP to DVLA. Beware how you answer their questions

TEMPLER

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
D.V.L.A.
after phoneing DVLA 1-2 times a week about my HGV being reinstated all they ever said was its
waiting to go before the medical team so last week i phoned my MP after phoneing DVLA and getting the same responce, he was disgusted about it, he said he would contact DVLA strate away(he knows how long it's been going on) low and behold Wednesday 12-11 I get a letter from DVLA to see my own Dr 09:00 on the 18-11 for a full HGV medical and that they are paying for it yes they are paying.
thankyou to my MP I would love to know what he said to DVLA but it worked.
The last Dr DVLA sent me to see (100 miles round trip) filled the form incorectly that's wy my licence was serspended .
strange DVLA said I must take two forms of I D one being photo I D as the Dr they were sending me to did not no me?( or have acsess to my medical records) I was never asked to show any I D and on the form he sent back to them had my blood presh on and I found this very stange the Dr never did it I was only there 3 minets and the Dr said on the form I did not have 3 months dater on my meter thats strange too he did not know how to operate it ?
having told DVLA about this, 6 months later DVLA still have not replied (I also told my dog at least i got a responce) apart from the Dr statement facts are corect at the time he filled in the forms. if the Dr can not get it right what chance do we stand?
THIS IS MY INCOME AND LIVELYHOOD THEY HAVE TAKEN AWAY

TEMPLER

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
D.V.L.A.
PS alohanicky2009 hope you doing OK and hope DVLA ect move a bit faster for you
in the words of black sabbath "just like whiches at blackmasses the genarals plot destruction
of the working classes" don't let them get you down THERES light at the end of the tunal but know some times it feals like the batteres are fading

denbo

PS alohanicky2009 hope you doing OK and hope DVLA ect move a bit faster for you
in the words of black sabbath "just like whiches at blackmasses the genarals plot destruction
of the working classes" don't let them get you down THERES light at the end of the tunal but know some times it feals like the batteres are fading
I was in the same boat as you waited ages for my hgv licence for renewal from sept 2013 got it bk end April 2014 ad to go see their independant consultant to read my meter ad to go for another echocardigram as they sed it was two yrs since my last one any excuse I thought to drag their feet I got uk diabetes involved my mp and I emailed Oliver Morley chief exec ov the DVLA but still waited all them months and like u say it's my livelihood no help off any benefits as sed I adnt enough contributions to get ESA so no money wot so eve only the wife's got to apply after Xmas so I'm ringing em as it's up for renewal agen in April and I will b sayin send it me out as it takes you that long renew em

Scouser58

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Hello to all, the mine field and no-man's land of the DVLA is positively terrifying and all who have gone through the long running stressful process of trying to get their licences back, I offer my thoughts and support, and at this time of year the old man in the red suit, as getting nearer and all that it brings along.

TEMPLER

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
D.V.L.A.
hallo all. just a thort if DVLA were to b privitised and staff wer paid on comishon only i wonder how long it would take them to proses licence apps

Scouser58

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Hi TEMPLER, peice rates would make them get their fingers out, and yes things would get done quicker. Hope you have seen and signed up to the petition about the DVLA, and taking licences away from diabetics who have hypo's. Well I hope your licence comes back very soon, the weather is too cold to have to walk or queue for a bus, ttfn

Muttley61

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
B/S. Lies. Sensationalism. Smugness. Not enough money. Anyone who makes being a diabetic HARDER!
Just a thought.... although the DVLA can revoke a car licence, they cannot prevent people from riding a bicycle preferably powered by a battery :shh: :roll:
Hi, although not directly related to this post I have just seen an earlier post by yourself about analogue, human and I think, animal insulin. Where has all the porcine gone???
The post included Grr. can you contact me about the content please?

TEMPLER

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
D.V.L.A.
Hi TEMPLER, peice rates would make them get their fingers out, and yes things would get done quicker. Hope you have seen and signed up to the petition about the DVLA, and taking licences away from diabetics who have hypo's. Well I hope your licence comes back very soon, the weather is too cold to have to walk or queue for a bus, ttfn[/QUOTE
HALLO SCOUSER58 Have not seen petition about the DVLA where & how can I find it ????
when to doc again on tuesday he's getting p--- off with filling in forms for DVLA he said it wouldent be so bad if the questions were difarant from the last one but it was the same set of forms he filed in for me in may he new this as they had sent him a copy of them with hi sig and stamp on it:banghead::mad:

I sill have my car licence but I am sill tring to get my HGV back.
altrough it's a strugal us living on my dear wife's income she likes me a home, washing, ironing house work done and dinner ready when she gets home
.but both at home at moment with flu both feel ****

Minnie_19

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump

TEMPLER

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
D.V.L.A.
thanks found it sined it past it on to frends and some of them sined it and past it on (inclueding mother-in -law in south africa)

TEMPLER

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
D.V.L.A.
Hi TEMPLER, peice rates would make them get their fingers out, and yes things would get done quicker. Hope you have seen and signed up to the petition about the DVLA, and taking licences away from diabetics who have hypo's. Well I hope your licence comes back very soon, the weather is too cold to have to walk or queue for a bus, ttfn
thanks found it sined it past it on to frends and some of them sined it and past it on (inclueding mother-in -law in south africa)