Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
i work in a very male environment and men are not brilliant at flushing the toilet after a pee, i have been known to go looking for the culprit, not to tell them to flush the loo but to give them my "expert" medical opinion of why they need to drink more lol

i have kidney stones and have pee'd ketchup many times, so pee gazing has become a keen hobby

Reactions: 11 people

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
As a beetroot lover I can definitely say it effects the colour of your pee :D

Reactions: 6 people

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Some of the multivitamins you can buy contain certain active ingredients that provide for fluorescent yellow urine. Wonder if it glows in the dark...

Reactions: 2 people

bernie.freeman

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
selfish people
I had an angiogram to look at my retinas, my skin turned orange and my pee was the brightest green you have ever seen !!!!

Reactions: 4 people

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
Some of the multivitamins you can buy contain certain active ingredients that provide for fluorescent yellow urine. Wonder if it glows in the dark...

I remember going to a, cough, cafe in Amsterdam many years ago which had an ultraviolet light bulb in the loo which made your wee look florescent and it did actually glow in the dark!!

Many years later when I ran a cleaning business we used UV lights to find dog wee in carpets so it could be treated. So UV lights do have a practical use and are not just a bit of fun in the loo :)

Reactions: 8 people

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've had that multi-vit induced luminous widdle. Bit of a shock the first time. Apparently, as your body adjusts, it absorbs more of the vit in question, and the colour fades on subsequent days... a sign you are benefiting from the vit.

Since I am hopeless at remembering to take the dratted things, that doesn't happen often enough, for me.

Reactions: 3 people

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just bustled off to check my colour.
Didn't bother to eyeball the pan first.

HORRIFIED to see it was green

Then I noticed the Blue Loo stuff that Mr B had left on the counter.

PHEW!

Reactions: 8 people

spaceman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
well i dont know if this is linked to my type1 diabetes on novorapid and lantus insulin. but i dont seem to get the feeling that i want a pee like i used to,ok its maybe my age i dont know, so i just pick certain times to go to toilet for a pee,today i got a strange sensation my penis end seemed to be slightly burning sensation and when i used the toilet there was a slight odor like fishy smell which was embaracing for me im 65 years old un circumcised and i was dining with friends. just wondered if anyone else has had this,problem or is it my diabetes or is it the colder weather or is it because im getting older.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
well i dont know if this is linked to my type1 diabetes on novorapid and lantus insulin. but i dont seem to get the feeling that i want a pee like i used to,ok its maybe my age i dont know, so i just pick certain times to go to toilet for a pee,today i got a strange sensation my penis end seemed to be slightly burning sensation and when i used the toilet there was a slight odor like fishy smell which was embaracing for me im 65 years old un circumcised and i was dining with friends. just wondered if anyone else has had this,problem or is it my diabetes or is it the colder weather or is it because im getting older.

I should get it checked out by doc, if I were you.
Take a sample with you - they are bound to ask for one!

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My husband's was blue for about a week after eating cakes at my niece's wedding which had had very blue icing on them!

Not that I'm an obsessive widdle watcher, but currently mine is clear, though oddly I haven't been drinking much water. :wideyed: But it usually does come in various shades of yellow depending on my fluid intake, and shades of pink from red/blue fruits (raspberries, blueberries, etc). On a few rare occasions it's looked as though I've passed blood - sometimes for several days - and has scared the wits out of me until I remember it's due to eating steak!

Robbity

dtennant9

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I had some red urine in the summer time and had never seen this before so was understandably worried about it.
Later realised I had home grown beetroot then night before.
A few visits to the toilet and it was all back to normal.

phoenix

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Just before I ended up in hospital to be diagnosed, my wee was totally clear and colourless. It looked very healthy though there was rather a lot of it.

xendistar

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes
In my younger days I was partial to Larger and Black (just short of pint of larger topped up with black currant cordial). One day at a works party I over did it a little and my pee was a blackcurrant colour, unfortunately I was also violently sick as well and yes you guessed it, that blackcurrant colour as well :(

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@john wakefield Earlier this year I read a novel set well over 50-60 years ago I think, in which an elderly American lady who had "the sugar" was supposed to do a similar sort of test - her tablets were blue and she had to boil up the water first. The tablets were apparently rather nasty - she was forgetful and used to leave them lying about and her little grandson thought they were sweeties, and was very ill as a result...

Robbity

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
I do check my urine when BGs are over 14 mmol/l for ketones using Ketostix testing strips. Lately I have noticed I do not pee as much as usual and am thirsty a lot. I have diabetic nephropathy and wondered if something is going on with my kidneys or just dehydration.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I do check my urine when BGs are over 14 mmol/l for ketones using Ketostix testing strips. Lately I have noticed I do not pee as much as usual and am thirsty a lot. I have diabetic nephropathy and wondered if something is going on with my kidneys or just dehydration.

If you are drinking more, and peeing less, are you retaining water? Swollen ankles? Heavy legs? Swollen fingers? Pitting oedema?

Or are feeling thirsty while drinking the same as before?

Is it enough of a problem that you should see your doc?

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
I am on two diuretics (both potassium sparing) for my kidneys and previous ankle/leg swelling. Maybe they are making me thirsty. Awfully fatigued too and have hypersomnia.