Feeding

Cloe-1992

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey ,

I know I have a long way to go before it comes to the feeding process as only 15 weeks on Sunday .
But when it comes to feeding I would like to have an idea of what I want to do in advance for when I get asked , I've read the pros and cons of different feeding techniques
And just wondered what you plan to do , or what you decided to do .

Breast feeding , pumping and feeding through a bottle , or formula feeding ?

thank you.

:):):)

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Hi I feed my daughter my self ( not at first but I expressed milk and it was given to her) it's the most natural and the best healthy start to a babies life. Very tiring though, at nearly 43 and she did get very comfortable after a couple of sucks and just kept falling asleep.:oops: Being diabetic was never a big problem regarding breast feeding and I really would recommend giving it a go, if you can, it's the best and most natural start for your baby, and having that tiny little human snuggled up to you is amazing.:joyful:
I bet you are so looking forward to the day and good luck with what ever you decide to do.

Best wishes RRB :)

Reactions: 4 people

dawnmc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
I breast fed all 4 of mine, its cheap, on tap, healthier, has everything in it that a baby needs. It can be hard at first - sore nipples etc, but my god soooo much easier than having to buy bottles and a steriliser and tablets, buy the formula, sterilize wash make etc etc.
Don't forget getting up in the night to make heat and then feed. What's nicer than sitting in a warm bed feeding a baby.

Reactions: 4 people

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The best food for your baby is breast milk and feeding your baby is the best way of bonding with him/ her It also helps get your figure back sooner .So it's a win win situation:)
CAROL

hels

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
While I was breastfeeding I needed a lot less insulin and enjoyed more carbs than usual (but still restricted). The amount of basal insulin was just over half normal and I hardly needed any bolus with must meals. For me it was a definite bonus to breastfeeding!
You might find it takes a bit of trial and error but expect to reduce your usual insulin doses if you breastfeed.