Oil and Gas and Type 1

ElyDave

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just thought I'd start this as O&G is my main area of work and I know others here as well.

Starting from the point of view of "no barriers", I was very happy to finally get my UK offshore medical clearance back again earlier thsi year. Now I'm on a pump I'm working through the system again to get that approved for one installation at the moment.

I've also recently been to two onshore gas processing sites, one LNG, the other compressed gas to a pipeline using the pump. Both sites were quite happy to manage it through their PTW system with a gas detector.

Just wanted to share this in case any others are having issues, or want to discuss their experiences.

Cheers, Dave

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
You know my opinion of this :( have you made it to cats, SVT or kinneil yet?

ElyDave

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Kinneil offices yes, not needed to go on site yet. I think your mob are just being typically rule bound and not thinking of real risk

Last week's site has one letter different from your mob. I'm also looking to go to their Bolivia operation in Feb and onto Balmoral in January.

Will let you know

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Kinneil offices yes, not needed to go on site yet. I think your mob are just being typically rule bound and not thinking of real risk

Last week's site has one letter different from your mob. I'm also looking to go to their Bolivia operation in Feb and onto Balmoral in January.

Will let you know

I've stopped pushing for now, with the job cuts right now it's safer to not make a scene until it's all over!

Do know fellow pumper from clinic who was booked to go offshore in November, haven't spoken to him to know if it went ahead or not.

ElyDave

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
First offshore trip with the pump agreed.

Company doctor has requested another HbA1c in december, but that's no problem for me.