BS readings

alliebee

Sorry not posted earlier in bed today as MS not so good. Maybe something is brewing here. I've gone bed at a horrid 16 despite low carb food pain has been a real problem up to the point I've needed Oramorph to get on top of it...can't really do much till Monday sadly. Night night all

xendistar

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes
Well a nice 5.2 before dinner, a disappointing 9.3 2hrs after dinner. Was hoping the Veggie crisp bakes would be OK obviously not.

Mind you I did find the Butternut Squash chips palletable, bit more work should improve things

Reactions: 2 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Sorry not posted earlier in bed today as MS not so good. Maybe something is brewing here. I've gone bed at a horrid 16 despite low carb food pain has been a real problem up to the point I've needed Oramorph to get on top of it...can't really do much till Monday sadly. Night night all

sorry to hear that. Try and get some rest though not easy if you are in pain. Hopefully they can sort you out on Monday - sounds like something is triggering both MS and higher BS levels. x

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.2 fasting and pre breakfast
out so no post or pre lunch.
post lunch 5.1
post snack of coffee and a piece of toblerone ( naughty but nice) 5.1
pre dinner 4.1
post dinner 5

Reactions: 4 people

daddys1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Started l x lrg glass Merlot 1hr before dinner thought I would check......4.6 then before dinner was 5.4

Large Pork Chop, apple suace without sugar sm, curly kale, mashed swede, 1 sm roast potatoe, 1carrot & gravy.
second large glass merlot

1hr after 7.8 then 2hrs 6.5 I''m ok with this.

Reactions: 4 people

Rosie1953

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
8-50am fasting Reading 6.2
Missed Breakfast
10-45am Pre Lunch 5.5
12-45pm Post Lunch 6.0
5.38pm Pre Dinner 4.5
7-39pm Post Dinner 5.7
10-26 after snack 6.1

Reactions: 6 people

Rosie1953

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I eat Burgens Soya and linseed bread and can have 2 slices with no real rise - in fact sometimes my BS is lower after lunch than before!!

5.5 pre lunch

Lunch 2 small rounds of Burgens Soya and linseed toast, tinned tomatoes and a egg.

6.0 Post Lunch.

So I'm happy with that.

Reactions: 3 people

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Not sure as it's gone in the bin. It was Rachel organic Greek style coconut yogurt it had 10g carbs and 10g fats 100g.

I used to be ok with a few of these oven chips about a month ago.

Trying Burgens soya and linseed bread today as I need to keep my fibre up to help with the server constipation. Will let you know on this one at 12-45.
Ideally we look for 10gm carbs per 100gm so it sounds ok on that level as does the fats, it's the fat free we need to avoid as the sugar they load in it gives high carbs. For now, until you reduce levels I would try and avoid the chips.....

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Oh alliebee! Hope you have managed a painless and more restful night. Thinking of you.

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Lots to catch up on here after a busy day out yesterday!
My levels yesterday :
Fasting 5.3
Pre late lunch out ( steak mushrooms and salad with a vodka) 5.7
2hrs after late lunch spot on 5
4 hours later at home 4.3 I then had a few squares of cheese as a snack and followed with a trial of Morrison's frozen profiteroles , had 4 (2.5gm carbs each) and two hours later at bedtime I was 4.6
Fasting today 4.7
It may be Sunday but I woke at 5.45am and couldn't doze again but didn't feel like a zombie either, since being lchf I find I wake more refreshed and alert naturally more and more

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@alliebee How are you today? Feeling much better I hope.

Yesterday
fasting 5.4
after breakfast 6.5
before lunch 5.5
after lunch 6.5
before tea 4.7
after tea 7.0 (included garlic bread and 6 chips)
before bed 4.7

alliebee

@alliebee How are you today? Feeling much better I hope.

Yesterday
fasting 5.4
after breakfast 6.5
before lunch 5.5
after lunch 6.5
before tea 4.7
after tea 7.0 (included garlic bread and 6 chips)
before bed 4.7
Thankyou. I'm feeling a lot better today and fasting down to 8.1. So keeping fingers crossed. Pain levels much better

Reactions: 9 people

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fasting of 5.3 this morning. Pre lunch was 5.1 but did my after reading with some intrepidation because I had roast beef with a small Yorkshire pudding and 2 roasties - 7.2 after 1 hour and 6.6 after 2 so well pleased!!

Reactions: 5 people