Not open for further replies.

kman

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Knowing others Won't learn from my mistakes, Being TERMINALLY ILL !
LATEST, Wendie is on Ward 37 at the LEICESTER ROYAL INFIRMARY and will need to stay at least 5 days, Not yet sure what they are going to do with her, wiql keep in touch, but very drained right now, Sorry Folks.

Love Always.

Kevin.

xxxx.

Reactions: 4 people
S

Sable_Jan

LATEST, Wendie is on Ward 37 at the LEICESTER ROYAL INFIRMARY and will need to stay at least 5 days, Not yet sure what they are going to do with her, wiql keep in touch, but very drained right now, Sorry Folks.

Love Always.

Kevin.

xxxx.
No need for apologies Kevin

Thanks for letting us know the news. I know you'd both rather her be home but I guess she's in the best place if she's bad enough to need IV antibiotics.

Take care of yourself and let Wendie know we are all wishing her well and hoping for a speedy recovery
Jan

Reactions: 7 people

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Kevin

Sorry to here about Wendy, I am sure this is a big worry for you but at least you know she is receiving the care she needs.

How about you? Are you managing on your own or do you have someone to help?

Sending you both my best wishes for a full and complete recovery. I am sure Wendy will be back home before you know it!

Pavlos

Reactions: 6 people

kman

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Lots of love xx you have the A team on that ward xxx.

She has been on that ward before, and the staff remember her, they are great, they will do everything they can for her,

Her foot is a mess, but at least the infection is NOT in the bones, and the IV. Antibiotics will be helping, along with the strong oral, they say the Toes are " Draining ", but beinga weekend thier not doing much until Monday, Still scared silly,

Talk Soon.

Love.

xxxx.

Reactions: 3 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
So sorry to hear that Kevin, I hope Wendie is reasonably comfortable and is being well looked after.

It must be worrying for you, what is going to happen with you Kevin, is there some alternative care for you.?

I will say goodnight now and sending my very best wishes and love to you both. Please wish Wendie a speedy and healthy recovery. :)

Take good care RRB xx

S

Sable_Jan

She has been on that ward before, and the staff remember her, they are great, they will do everything they can for her,

Her foot is a mess, but at least the infection is NOT in the bones, and the IV. Antibiotics will be helping, along with the strong oral, they say the Toes are " Draining ", but beinga weekend thier not doing much until Monday, Still scared silly,

Talk Soon.

Love.

xxxx.
Sounds like a nasty infection tho good to know it isn't in the bone. Knowing the staff there will be reassuring for you both (not that anyone really wants to go back). When I had my 2nd hip replaced it helped me knowing some of the faces there.
Take care x
Jan

Reactions: 2 people

alliebee

Hoping you are managing ok at home Kevin. Also hope those Iv Abx are doing their stuff. Love to you all and thinking of you xx

bernie.freeman

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
selfish people
Sending hugs to you both, this must be a very trying for you and Wendie, hope she is soon back with you xx

Danaemac

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People who think they know what you need before you do
@kman sending you and wendie positive thoughts and hugs hope she's on the mend, I'm sure she will be home soon needing spoiled and looked after soon enough

Dxx

S

Sable_Jan

Thinking of you Kman. Hope Wendie is responding well to the antibots and you are taking care of yourself.

Hugs and sloppy wet kisses from the dogs
Jan

kman

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Thank You so much every one, Sorry slow updating Wendie came home last night, Still on lots of Antibiotics and none the wiser !

Now has MRSA ... !

Today chaoticically busy, both had Diabetic Eye Screening today, just to start,

Other good news, we get my new puppy Pork Butt on Wednesday. Yeahhhhhhhhhhh !

connie104

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
So glad Wendie is home . Hope she continues to improve .
Hope Pork Butt is settling in I am sure you are not spoiling him !!!!!!

alliebee

MRSA was most probably as you know Kevin as a nurse contracted in hospital.. I'm just so happy she is finally home with you. It was a nasty deep infection....love as always to you both xxx

izzzi

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Blimey Kevin, hope Wendy soon gets over this ordeal, What @Dibbles1 say about copper is interesting.
All those lovely dogs on this thread are so delightful.

Reactions: 3 people

kman

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
So sorry to hear about your and Wendie's troubles. Copper is supposed to help kill MRSA, through contact. Just saying.
I hope she gets well soon xx {{Hugs}} both.
<< My pup.

Yeah we'll give that some thought, love your puppy, really cant wait until Wednesday !

Status
Not open for further replies.