Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

poshtotty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.8 this morning after a couple of days at 7 and 8 which I put down to running out of metformin

Still stuck with my weight despite giving up bullet proof coffee, reducing cheese intake, increasing exercise and calorie counting of 1,200 daily. :mad:

Reactions: 5 people

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Awake bright and early at 5.45am......Sunday??!! Couldn't doze off again so tested at 6am, 4.9
I had gone to bed on 4.6 after a day of no higher than 5.7 which was just before a meal of steak, mushrooms and salad in the pub watching a live band after shopping with my daughter in town. After an hour I was at 5 and when home 2 hours later I was 4.3, I can go with that I think!
Obviously I didn't have desert at the pub, but I did try out Morrison's frozen profiteroles, 2.5gm carbs each, had four, felt very indulgent, but my 4.6 reading at bed was two hours after having those!

Reactions: 9 people

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
Knees were giving me trouble last night, which I put down to the expensive :-( new tennis shoes I wore for the first time yesterday.

So giving feet a rest and not taking one of my usual walks this morning.

Hopefully I will be able to make good for this by the afternoon,

If not I will just enjoy the rest!

Take care

Pavlos

You too my good friend :)

At least I've never been in the 10s since I dumped the Guinness :)

My wife's American and her brother has type 1 (as did her father) and she has REALLY stepped up to the mark in helping me thru this.

My best to you and your family. Take care Mike :)

Silver Hammer

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
4.7 this morning. We were out shopping yesterday; meals out can be so tricky. I opted for a lamb burger and chips and was able to give away some of the chips and had just half the bun. I was fine when we returned, but this was 4 hours later, so to be expected I guess. Now 1 year on from diagnosis and about 6 months since I got down to my current weight (loosing about 4 stone) I am really enjoying buying new clothes that I never would have considered before, a bit of a style revolution. Still I have to do something to refill my wardrobe having taken most of the old stuff down to the charity shop.

Maxwell

Reactions: 8 people

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
and 6.1 to 7.4 after one hour.

Nite you all and have a GREAT day :)

Mike

Reactions: 6 people

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Another 5.2 this morning. Emotional day, finger buffet late lunch leading to 7.3 before dinner (!) but steak, salad and alcohol with immediate family brought it to 6.2 at +3 hours (it was a long dinner!). We'll see what tomorrow brings.
Nice to see your posts rod, although not to hear about a sad time. Hope you are doing ok and manage to post more, you were on the "legends" that welcomed and advised me when I arrived here in July!

Reactions: 7 people

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
4.7 this morning. We were out shopping yesterday; meals out can be so tricky. I opted for a lamb burger and chips and was able to give away some of the chips and had just half the bun. I was fine when we returned, but this was 4 hours later, so to be expected I guess. Now 1 year on from diagnosis and about 6 months since I got down to my current weight (loosing about 4 stone) I am really enjoying buying new clothes that I never would have considered before, a bit of a style revolution. Still I have to do something to refill my wardrobe having taken most of the old stuff down to the charity shop.

Maxwell
It's surprising how we can adjust to eating out, like yesterday, I had steak- requested extra mushrooms in place of chips, salad and hold the peas!! A couple of weeks ago I had chicken burger, no bun or chips and extra salad- never feel the odd one out either- maybe because I know it's for a good cause!!

Nuthead

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
It's surprising how we can adjust to eating out, like yesterday, I had steak- requested extra mushrooms in place of chips, salad and hold the peas!! A couple of weeks ago I had chicken burger, no bun or chips and extra salad- never feel the odd one out either- maybe because I know it's for a good cause!!
Same here. I just ask for a substitute for potatoes etc...

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
and 6.1 to 7.4 after one hour.

Nite you all and have a GREAT day :)

Mike

Mike - I heartily recommend you have a read of @Andrew Colvin 's thread here, which outlines his early day, after diagnosis and how he brought his blood scores into non-diabetic ranges: http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/got-my-first-3-month-hba1c-results-this-morning.55719/

Andrew is a very clever guy, who thinks through his actions and has done lots and lots of testing, on both himself and his other family members, in order to uphold his various hypothesis. He has another excellent thread on increasing carb intake, but that was after he head achieved his first stage targets.

I think you would find it exceptionally enlightening. I'm not suggesting you follow Andrew's every move, but there are some absolute gems in there which have helped me a lot along the way.

Reactions: 4 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Another very nice 4.7 at bedtime
5.8 this morning

A similar large rise happened the other night when I went to bed on 4.8 (normally I'm averaging 5.3). I think my liver objects to being so low overnight.

S

Sable_Jan

A nice 5,0 this Sunday morning for me, while the wife's transformation of our home into Santa's grotto is now almost complete.

View attachment 8385

At least,I hope it is.

Come to think of it she did not actually say so and there are still plenty of days till Xmas ...

Have a great day everyone.

Pavlos
Nice numbers :) way too many days before the seasonal event for my decorations to go up :-D

daddys1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Last Night 1.45am 5.0
Fasting 9.23a. 5.1
New breakfast regime Granola drastically reduced, no orange juice, well see what happens.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It's a 4.2 for me, with a slightly "off" tummy. I have no idea what's doing on there, but it just feels a little delicate. Hey ho. I'll just have to be a little kind to it today, I think.

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
7.7 yesterday was too high for me so took a tablet and again today which swiftly brought it back am at the Doctors tomorrow to see the Nurse so will tell her but thought being on the mixed humalog would sort it sighs

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.6 - bed on 5.5 so liver behaved nicely. Mr ethyl has slept n and I can hear cat howling downstairs so guess it'll be going up nicely now as my routine all to pot. What's the point in a husband if he doesn't bring you a cuppa in bed?

Reactions: 10 people
S

Sable_Jan

6.1 for me this morning. Usind some cereal up but small portion due to high carb content.... Only 2 test strips left so will just have to be "good" for nxt few days ;-)

Kezzer4321

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Woke up early with a terrible cold and a fasting bs of 8.7 :( feeling very sorry for myself.

Reactions: 9 people
Status
Not open for further replies.