Trying to conceive...

NeetK28

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi there,

We are currently trying to conceive and my last hba1c was 6.8% so generally have had good control, however the last 3 days my blood sugars have been all over the place, swinging up and down (mainly up).

I am on a pump and have increased my Basel rate with no success. So today I had 30grams of carbs for lunch and my usual ratio is 1 unit per 10 grams but I needed 8 units in order for my blood sugar to be at 7 2 hours after.

Could this be a sign of early pregnancy? It's too early for me to test but I'm rather concerned if I am.

hels

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It could've early signs of pregnancy, or it could be something else. Fingers crossed it's the former and do your best to keep your sugars under control.

Reactions: 2 people

NeetK28

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
It could've early signs of pregnancy, or it could be something else. Fingers crossed it's the former and do your best to keep your sugars under control.

Thank you, hopefully it is the former. I keep testing every hour or so. M
Fingers crossed

bookmite

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi, I really hope you get the results you wanted, however I wouldn't suggest using your BG as an indicator, good luck though and let us know what happens .

Serenede

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Exactly what happened to me in very early pregnancy, it's what got me wondering if I was even before I could test. Good luck!

NeetK28

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Exactly what happened to me in very early pregnancy, it's what got me wondering if I was even before I could test. Good luck!

Thanks guys,

Will be able to test next week but time feels like it's going very slowly! I wasn't sure whether other people had experienced this so early on but I suppose with diabetes anything is possible