BS readings

xendistar

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes
Happy with this evening readings 5.1 pre dinner, 7.0 2hrs after dinner.

Dinner consisted of roast pork, roast sweet potato (4 small lumps), french beans, carrot, asparagus gravy.

I am off to the fridge for a treat of some dark chocolate ;)

Reactions: 8 people

daddys1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Not sure as it's gone in the bin. It was Rachel organic Greek style coconut yogurt it had 10g carbs and 10g fats 100g.

I used to be ok with a few of these oven chips about a month ago.

Trying Burgens soya and linseed bread today as I need to keep my fibre up to help with the server constipation. Will let you know on this one at 12-45.

If you need an easy way to get fibre have a look at Flaxseed. its about £5.00 for 425g. Fibre is 8.5g per 30g has lot of other bit like omega 3. It goes along way you just sprinkle it on. Doesnt really taste. I had it on scrambled eggs and have it on my cereal & yogurt every day.
Neil

Reactions: 4 people

Rosie1953

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
If you need an easy way to get fibre have a look at Flaxseed. its about £5.00 for 425g. Fibre is 8.5g per 30g has lot of other bit like omega 3. It goes along way you just sprinkle it on. Doesnt really taste. I had it on scrambled eggs and have it on my cereal & yogurt every day.
Neil

Thanks daddys1 I will get some and give it a try. Anything is worth trying to help ease the problem.

daddys1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks daddys1 I will get some and give it a try. Anything is worth trying to help ease the problem.

Hi Rossie, you can get it at most health food shops but I think waitrose do it, maybe tesco I'm not sure, Tall resealable pkt. has lots of goodies in addition to the fibre. Reading it, you would not want to overdo it, but it's clearly a healthy food additive, made from Ground Linseed.
neil

Rosie1953

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Rossie, you can get it at most health food shops but I think waitrose do it, maybe tesco I'm not sure, Tall resealable pkt. has lots of goodies in addition to the fibre. Reading it, you would not want to overdo it, but it's clearly a healthy food additive, made from Ground Linseed.
neil
I will go to Hollands and barrettes and get some. Thanks

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.6 fasting
4.5 pre lunch
4.7 post lunch / pre dinner
5.1 post dinner and 28 minutes peddling
4.8 bed

Reactions: 11 people

xendistar

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes
The fridge is the only place to keep chocolate.:)

Well I am behaving myself, I bought two bars of dark chocolate on Friday and I am only 2/3rd through the first bar, normally I would of eaten both bars on Friday night...............

Reactions: 7 people

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.

Direct from Linwoods used to be the cheapest way to buy over the internet. Was £4.99 a bag and free delivery.

I buy 2 bags a time and use 3 heaped teaspoon a day between the 2 of us. A bag lasts us yonks.

Reactions: 2 people

peacetrain

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Much cheaper if you can get to lidl or Aldi. Milled Flaxseed/linseed comes without additions or with added ingredients. I put it in my morning pancake (2eggs, ground almonds and linseed ... Sometimes I add grated cheese). I like the linseed with sesame, cranberry and I think it has blueberries too ... I add it to my full fat plain greek yoghurt , delicious.

Reactions: 2 people

Rosie1953

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Much cheaper if you can get to lidl or Aldi. Milled Flaxseed/linseed comes without additions or with added ingredients. I put it in my morning pancake (2eggs, ground almonds and linseed ... Sometimes I add grated cheese). I like the linseed with sesame, cranberry and I think it has blueberries too ... I add it to my full fat plain greek yoghurt , delicious.

I live a crossed the road from a lidls so will look in there tomorrow thanks.

peacetrain

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well I am behaving myself, I bought two bars of dark chocolate on Friday and I am only 2/3rd through the first bar, normally I would of eaten both bars on Friday night...............
I love the 85% and 90% but don't buy so much now because I had developed too much of a liking and I don't want to go down that road. I had wanted to taste 100% but so expensive on the net. Anyway I was on the hot drinks aisle in Tesco and saw a packet for a hot chocolate drink. It quoted 100% cacao and to put 3 "discs" in hot milk. Discs? I thought.. Discs ... That must surely mean they are effectively 100% chocolate? So I bought some. They're like enormous chocolate buttons and I have one each night, sometimes with my black coffee... The turkish way. It's an acquired taste but I'll get used to it. Beats dipping my finger in the cocoa tin!! :)

Reactions: 10 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I loathed dark chocolate for years but if it's all you can have it soon starts to taste delicious. Going to stock up at Aldi as apparently there's been a poor cocoa bean harvest. Scary!!!

Reactions: 6 people

daddys1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
FBs pre breakfast 5.1 Yohurt Flaxseed blueberries 1/2 cheese sandwich
After 2hrs 5.5
Before lunch 5.7 2pints of beer Seed Sensations Sanwich with Tuna
After 8.5 was it the beer or the sandwich, I think both
Before Dinner 5.1 2 Salmon Fillet, Pac Choy x 2, Fench Beans, Brocali mayonaise & 2 Glasses red wine
After 2hrs 4.7

Not Happy with the 8.5 will cut down the bread as recomended

alliebee

@ally1 back today! Welcome home Ally. How was your visit and how have you been doing?
This was originally Allys thread but we all use it now to check in and see how we are doing :)

Reactions: 8 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
FBs pre breakfast 5.1 Yohurt Flaxseed blueberries 1/2 cheese sandwich
After 2hrs 5.5
Before lunch 5.7 2pints of beer Seed Sensations Sanwich with Tuna
After 8.5 was it the beer or the sandwich, I think both
Before Dinner 5.1 2 Salmon Fillet, Pac Choy x 2, Fench Beans, Brocali mayonaise & 2 Glasses red wine
After 2hrs 4.7

Not Happy with the 8.5 will cut down the bread as recomended

You would be better cutting the beer. It is known as liquid sugar. Stick to red wine!

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Before tea 5.0 (roast chicken, 2 roast spuds, carrots, peas, cauli, gravy, 2 glasses wine)
after an hour 7.8
after 2 hrs 6.4
bedtime 5.0

Happy with that. :)