Daily Express

masonbason63

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Being type 1, my health and what really grates me are false people who make themselves out to be something when their not
Haven't read it yet bet they apparently have an article saying " Millions of people with diabetes should eat a vegetarian diet to help reverse the condition ". I know what I think but what are some of the forums views type 1 & 2 do they mean a low carb diet . I'll get a copy when the newsagents opens

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
And the daily Star (same owners) will say that it is a condition for fatties etc.

Reactions: 7 people
G

graj0

Oh God, wouldn't be Jo Wiley behind that headline by any chance. The thing is that a veggie diet contains bread/ pasta/rice/potato. I don't know where they get their evidence, but I smell a rat. Mind you, what did I expect with a message name of Daily Express, at least I was warned before I read any further and I thank you, masonbason, for that. Can I suggest you save your money and buy the Independent?

Reactions: 5 people

EveryCloud

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Ha ha, I must be an enigma then, I am a vegetarian and I ended up WITH diabetes. How do they explain that one? lol.

izzzi

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I have been on a vegan diet since diagnosed type 2 and all is good.

It is great that there is other diets that work well, and the more we know about them the better for all.

G

graj0

masonbason, please save your money, basically trying to tell people that removing meat (I read fat into that) would cure diabetes. The biggest load of . . . . . . . . . . There should be a law against it, If nothing has happened in the world surely the papers should say "nothing happened" or even "sea gull flies into wind generator" would be more newsworthy.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
This quote says it all:

"We tell patients they can eat as much as they want – and as much whole wheat pasta, whole grains, and brown rice as they want – as long as they’re not eating animal products or lots of added oils"

Reactions: 10 people

izzzi

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
masonbason, please save your money, basically trying to tell people that removing meat (I read fat into that) would cure diabetes. The biggest load of . . . . . . . . . . There should be a law against it, If nothing has happened in the world surely the papers should say "nothing happened" or even "sea gull flies into wind generator" would be more newsworthy.
What money. The vegan diet is free.

Flowerpot

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I've been vegetarian - 38 years, Type 1 - 37 years.

It's obvious, the facts speak for themselves, being a vegetarian causes diabetes not cures it ;)

It will be the headline next week just you wait and see ...........

Reactions: 11 people

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
There's been a lot of newspaper articles over the last year promoting a vegetarian diet and the benefits to cardiovascular health amongst others , personally, as much as I respect anyone following a vegetarian diet I couldn't give up eating meat.

Reactions: 6 people

izzzi

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
This quote says it all:

"We tell patients they can eat as much as they want – and as much whole wheat pasta, whole grains, and brown rice as they want – as long as they’re not eating animal products or lots of added oils"
In a nutshell thats true, except "eat as much " is the typical fabrication to the diet.

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
"Big Bro sex romp with insulin pump and on p2 research from I'm a Celebrity proves that eating witchety grubs reverses diabetes shock horror!!! Will this increase house prices in fatty districts??? Vote UKIP!!!"

:banghead:

Reactions: 4 people

izzzi

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
There's been a lot of newspaper articles over the last year promoting a vegetarian diet and the benefits to cardiovascular health amongst others , personally, as much as I respect anyone following a vegetarian diet I couldn't give up eating meat.
That is the best point. I also could not ask or expect anyone to give up meat and dairy products.
Because I have chosen a vegan type diet and not being a vegan, therefore in my mind it is a health issue diet.
Don't knock it etc; is irrelevant,
Like @noblehead has said respect ,and of course knowledge in these diets can be beneficial.

Reactions: 4 people