Inspiration for Dinner tonight

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
When I had my bloods done I was told I had a fatty liver. I had to stop drinking for 3 months. Which I have done. 9 weeks down. 3 weeks to go. I tried one of those alcohol free beers yesterday. It was disgusting. I don't really miss the lager. But at times it would be nice to have the odd one when people are round.

Many people's fatty liver improves when they eat a lower carb diet. @Southport GP commented on this with his trialists, on his research.

Go on, @fionamarie , what did you do with the piece of piggy yesterday?

Reactions: 2 people

Southport GP

Verified HCP
Type of diabetes
HCP
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Yes I have been looking at what happens to peoples' liver function tests on the low carb diet - so far after nearly 70 patients very significant improvements. I suspect glucose and alcohol act similarly on the liver. If I can just get the work published will prepare a new post for you all on this.

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
Yes I have been looking at what happens to peoples' liver function tests on the low carb diet - so far after nearly 70 patients very significant improvements. I suspect glucose and alcohol act similarly on the liver. If I can just get the work published will prepare a new post for you all on this.
I suspect that could be depressing news for those of us who like a glass of wine in an evening:( ****! Another avenue of pleasure closed! I'll have to get my grump on and become a dour faced old battle axe like Gillian mcleith! But wait! Clothes shoppings still ok so I should be alright! :D

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Anybody got any suggestions for an alternative method of thickening the sauce that doesn't involve flour?

Anyone?

Anyone?

Wot, no one? :wideyed:

Im disappointed in you all!

The answer is, of course,

Extra thick double CREAM!

;)

C

chris lowe

Mmmm braised red cabbage. With cider vinegar, xylitol/erythritol, cinnamon, cloves and a knob (ok a wodge) of butter.

Divine.
I do my red cabbage with a finely diced onion, couple of rashers of bacon diced, knob of butter to fry them gently then add the cooked red cabbage and give it a good stir. Tastes even better if you leave in fridge for a day and heat it through.

Reactions: 4 people