Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

poshtotty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
You'll get there eventually Diana, you're doing all the right things.

Thank you Rod. I believe you, but God, its slow! March to November and I still can't get below a 6...

I always look forward to seeing your avatar by the way ...

Why, thankyou! My first attempt at a selfie......;) @Scandichic made me do it...

5.8 again here.

Reactions: 4 people

whatdoesthisbuttondo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
After having an early dinner yesterday, and then getting hungry again whilst watching a film at 2130 we shared a frozen pizza. Three slices and medium glass of red. Woke up this morning to 5.2.....I was expecting something in the 7's after late carbs.....go figure!

Reactions: 5 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
After having an early dinner yesterday, and then getting hungry again whilst watching a film at 2130 we shared a frozen pizza. Three slices and medium glass of red. Woke up this morning to 5.2.....I was expecting something in the 7's after late carbs.....go figure!

I hope you defrosted the pizza first. ;)

Reactions: 6 people
S

Sable_Jan

Mine was 10.8 today - fasting... Doesn't seem to matter what I do! I think I will be injecting soon... Grrr... :banghead:
Hi @EveryCloud
Mine was 10.8 today - fasting... Doesn't seem to matter what I do! I think I will be injecting soon... Grrr... :banghead:
Hi @EveryCloud, don't get disheartened. Don't know when you were diagnosed but see you joined the forums in October. You'll find lots of friendly folks and lots of sound advice on here. I'm pre-diabetic and joined the forum/read the website as soon as I was diagnosed. If you add a signature to your profile that includes what meds you are on (if any) and what your HbA1c was (if you know it) then it will be easier for folks to give you more meaningful suggestions than just on results alone. Do you test pre- and post- meals (at 2hrs post) this will give you an idea of of how each food spikes you (raises your blood sugar)? Working on a fasting blood sugar reading doesn't really tell you much about how the food you are eating affects you. Many of the "regulars" on here have great results during the daytime but still highs fasting. Read up on the Dawn Phenomenon/ liver dumps - sorry can't link you to it cos I've not actually read it on the website but I'm sure it will come up with a search.
You are NOT alone - so keep with it and keep with us......
All the best and welcome to the "club"
Jan
PS - apologies if I'm "bringing coals to Newcastle" :D

Reactions: 7 people
S

Sable_Jan

6.3 this morning, then 7.1 after breakfast...that's high for me.
If you read back in the thread there are quite a few of us that as the daytime figures get better the fasting ones seem to go to pot - lot of discussion how/why but the most frequent is the Dawn Phenomenon/ liver dump issue
Do not despair ;)
Hope this helps :)
Jan

bookmite

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
No idea, I did have tomato soup at 29g of carbs, but that was like 16 hours previously. Also I've put on weight *shock * when you consider im approximately 4k calories less per week than before I started this. Probably just a blip. But it's disheartening when I'm trying so hard to lose weight and be good. Not an ideal start to my week.

*Big sigh*

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
If you read back in the thread there are quite a few of us that as the daytime figures get better the fasting ones seem to go to pot - lot of discussion how/why but the most frequent is the Dawn Phenomenon/ liver dump issue
Do not despair ;)
Hope this helps :)
Jan

and not forgetting a restless night, pain, stress, protein from dinner kicking in, fat with carbs from previous day kicking in, meter inaccuracies ........ and of course the fact it is all random and a big lottery!

Reactions: 5 people
S

Sable_Jan

5.5 back to my normal morning readings, oh well work beckons and hopefully delivery of my new exercise bike. Have got severely fed up using my good ladies Health Rider so have invested in a recumbent exercise bike. Now that winter is kicking in will be using this as the walking will be curtailed somewhat.

Have a good day everyone.
Used to use the lie back bike when I went to the gym - the normal sit up and beg type hurt my knees and back something rotten but the recumbent (to use your posh word ;)) was really good to use.

Must get on my cross trainer - not quite a clothes horse yet but I do rest my cup on it a lot (at the side of my living room chair) :rolleyes:

Reactions: 3 people
S

Sable_Jan

No idea, I did have tomato soup at 29g of carbs, but that was like 16 hours previously. Also I've put on weight *shock * when you consider im approximately 4k calories less per week than before I started this. Probably just a blip. But it's disheartening when I'm trying so hard to lose weight and be good. Not an ideal start to my week.

*Big sigh*
Don't get disheartened - stay with us - lots of support here :joyful:. I'm learning all the time, we never stop learning.

Status
Not open for further replies.