Tea

Mitizbel25

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Can anyone tell me if green tea is really good for you.So many of my friends say they drink it but they don't have T2 diabetes !

Pasha

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Its supposed to be good due to its high content of antioxidants. I drink it daily, without sugar of course.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I understood it was very good for you - a couple of cups a day. antioxidants and whatnot.

Pity it tastes so vile.

K

Kat100

Meant to be , but it is just hear say ...in my opinion , had a relative who was not diabetic , drank green tea , did all the health things etc etc ..
In her fifties , then had a massive stroke ...I think it will have to be up to you ....
That of course is only just one example ...it is about you and what is right for you and your taste ....

beardie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Doubt it will make much of a difference one way or the other.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Definitely good for you, just Google for the health benefits of drinking green tea.

I buy mine from Holland & Barrett, the brand is called Double Dragon, it's a bit more expensive than some of the supermarket brands but well worth it, some of the brands like Clipper taste awful, like a lot of things, the quality is reflected in the price you pay. I drink two mugs a day, sometimes three on a weekend.

beardie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Definitely good for you, just Google for the health benefits of drinking green tea.

I buy mine from Holland & Barrett, the brand is called Double Dragon, it's a bit more expensive than some of the supermarket brands but well worth it, some of the brands like Clipper taste awful, like a lot of things, the quality is reflected in the price you pay. I drink two mugs a day, sometimes three on a weekend.
Google 10 ft lizzards. Just cause it says it don't make it true.

Reactions: 2 people

Molly56

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I drink green tea out of choice simply because I don't have milk in my tea and in my opinion standard tea bags just don't seem to taste right when drinking tea black ......green tea is my choice for breakfast time with earl grey tea in the afternoon.
I have read about the health benefits but did not choose to drink it for this reason...... but if it has some benefit then all well and good.....not being diabetic myself I have no idea whether it would be useful for diabetics other than if taken without milk or sugar (as it should be) perhaps it is helpful in some way in preference to 'normal' tea.
I guess the answer is if you like the taste then it is a useful alternative to conventional tea.

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
I drink the green tea with mint. Lovely combination. That and green tea with jasmine.

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'll second jasmine tea, it's better than standard green IMO
surprisingly it's better weak and is the traditional way to drink it