Kidney infection

novowolf

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey guys quick question. I'm pretty sure i have a kidney infection and i got given antibiotics but im 99% certain they havent worked so I'm gonna go back to the doc tomorrow but wanted to know what anyone else had experienced with a kidney infection
thanks

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Seems a sensible thing to do to go back and see your gp if the symptoms are persisting, might just be you need a longer course of antibiotics, I would take along a early morning urine sample with you. Good luck.

Reactions: 4 people

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
i,ve never had one but its worth going back to your gp

Reactions: 2 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Good luck tomorrow and wishing you a healthy and speedy recovery.

Best wishes RRB :)

Reactions: 2 people

novowolf

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Also ive heard that diabetics may need antibiotics through an iv in hospital. Does anyone know if this is likely to be the case or is this just if you are really unwell?

MrsB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey guys quick question. I'm pretty sure i have a kidney infection and i got given antibiotics but im 99% certain they havent worked so I'm gonna go back to the doc tomorrow but wanted to know what anyone else had experienced with a kidney infection
thanks
I suffered from this quite frequently about 12 years ago. Just took antibiotics for a few weeks whilst feeling like death. I wouldn't have thought they would take you into hospital for IV unless you were seriously ill

Lenny3

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
not much
I got diagnosed when i went to the doctor with a suspected water infection, turned out it was really bad thrush made worse by high sugars. Only by reducing my sugars did i sort it out. Best to go see the gp.