BS readings

bookmite

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Before tea 5.0 (roast chicken, 2 roast spuds, carrots, peas, cauli, gravy, 2 glasses wine)
after an hour 7.8
after 2 hrs 6.4
bedtime 5.0

Happy with that. :)
That's what we are having for tea tonight, it will be interesting to compare readings :)

Reactions: 3 people

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yesterday's fasting was 4.7
Post breakfast 5.3
Didn't test lunch as snacked on cheese, tried and tested and I popped out
Pre dinner 4.1
Post dinner 5.1
Bed 5.1
Fasting today was 5.4

Reactions: 6 people

daddys1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Pre Breakfast 5.1 & fasting
1hr 6.0 Yogurt Sprinkling of Granola, Blue berries, Fried egg (1) Bacon (1)
2hr 6.6
Pre lunch 5.0 Olives (10sm) Tomato (1) Ryvita Crisp Bread (2) Coated with Philadelphia FF, Mackerel Fillet (Piri Piri Nice)
1hr 6.6
2.20min (late) 4.8
Pre Dinner 5.1 Pigs Liver 6/7oz, Onions, Swede, Kale, Broccoli, French Beans, Gravy (bisto only 2 carbs per portion).
1hr 7.3 What did this?
2hr 5.2 very brisk walk, cold

Reactions: 4 people

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Before tea 4.9 and 2 hours after 6.8 - tea was last of yesterdays roast beef with cheese, tomatos, chutney, onion and 2 tablespoons of mashed potato so was expecting a higher spike. Will test at 3 hour point to see if it's gone up or down.

bookmite

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.1 pre tea then had a roast chicken tea...really well caramelised roast potatoes x1 med & x1 really small and lots of green veggies

Going to bed at 8.2 ...first roast potatoes in 2 months , boy they were good :)

Reactions: 3 people

bookmite

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Just found out Bisto Best gravy is loaded with carbs....live and learn eh :)

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Before tea 4.9 and 2 hours after 6.8 - tea was last of yesterdays roast beef with cheese, tomatos, chutney, onion and 2 tablespoons of mashed potato so was expecting a higher spike. Will test at 3 hour point to see if it's gone up or down.

I imagine your spike for the mashed spuds will have been nearer 1 hour than 2 hours. It converts to glucose very quickly.

Reactions: 2 people

poshtotty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Unusual day food-wise for me. My lunchtime meeting overran so I didn't get to eat until 3.30 when I met a friend in Winchester and she chose for me a wafer-thin wrap filled with roquefort, salad and pulled pork, and a peppermint tea, believing she had made a healthy choice for me.

After an hours drive home I was a whooping 9.6 at 6pm but have now dropped to 5.7

Tomorrow's fasting bs will be interesting..

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Pre Dinner 5.1 Pigs Liver 6/7oz, Onions, Swede, Kale, Broccoli, French Beans, Gravy (bisto only 2 carbs per portion).
1hr 7.3 What did this?
2hr 5.2 very brisk walk, cold

The gravy probably. What is a portion? I have a wineglass ful (200ml) and it is 8 carbs, quick release. Also some people have to be careful with onions, which are quite carby.

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I imagine your spike for the mashed spuds will have been nearer 1 hour than 2 hours. It converts to glucose very quickly.
Didn't think of that!! Have just tested after 3 hours and it's now down to 6.2. Next time I decide to venture into the world of mashed spud I'll test after 1 hour as well.

bookmite

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Unusual day food-wise for me. My lunchtime meeting overran so I didn't get to eat until 3.30 when I met a friend in Winchester and she chose for me a wafer-thin wrap filled with roquefort, salad and pulled pork, and a peppermint tea, believing she had made a healthy choice for me.

After an hours drive home I was a whooping 9.6 at 6pm but have now dropped to 5.7

Tomorrow's fasting bs will be interesting..
9.6 is a whopper :) ..I used to live in Twyford and Compton, Winchester being my old shopping town. I loved it, except for the traffic :)

Glad you got your BG back down ok

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Didn't think of that!! Have just tested after 3 hours and it's now down to 6.2. Next time I decide to venture into the world of mashed spud I'll test after 1 hour as well.

Worry not if you get a spike as long as you are back down to almost base at 2 to 2.5 hours that is normal. Everyone would spike at 1 hour, including non-diabetics. The difference is, non-diabetics return to normal much faster than us.