Stuck on last few lbs

poshtotty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Any tips on how to kickstart weight loss of the last few lbs I'd like to lose before Christmas and for my son's wedding in January please?

I've been stuck on the same weight for 2 weeks now. I've increased my exercise and reduced my cheese intake and stick to 1200 calories daily, using MyFitnessPal. The only change I've made since being stuck is to substitute breakfast with a large mug of bullet proof coffee which sustains me until lunch time.

If I'd lost the last 6lbs I'd be happy to have maintained the same weight for 2 weeks, but just need a kick start for the last few lbs. My bs have lowered while my weight loss has stuck. I don't know if there's a connection

Thank you!

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
Hi Diana

I'm not sure I'd worry too much about a 2-week plateau. If you are doing more exercise perhaps you are getting more muscle which will impact on weight but not necessarily size?

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Any tips on how to kickstart weight loss of the last few lbs I'd like to lose before Christmas and for my son's wedding in January please?

I've been stuck on the same weight for 2 weeks now. I've increased my exercise and reduced my cheese intake and stick to 1200 calories daily, using MyFitnessPal. The only change I've made since being stuck is to substitute breakfast with a large mug of bullet proof coffee which sustains me until lunch time.

If I'd lost the last 6lbs I'd be happy to have maintained the same weight for 2 weeks, but just need a kick start for the last few lbs. My bs have lowered while my weight loss has stuck. I don't know if there's a connection

Thank you!

The last figure I saw for bulletproof coffee was about 500 calories, compared to the 100 to 200 in my 2 ryvita, ham, and low fat cheese, which keeps me happy until early afternoon at the moment, it I have it instead of the shake.

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diet drinks - the artificial sweeteners taste vile.
Having to forswear foods I have loved all my life.
Trying to find low carb meals when eating out.
Only way is the hard way.
600 kcals per day.
This will start your weight loss again.
I'm trying to psych myself up to this at the moment.

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Certainly works, I've lost a stone and a quarter in just over 4 weeks.

poshtotty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks everyone for the helpful and varied advice. I'm very grateful and will let you know what works!

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
Good luck! I gained 3lbs when it was my birthday and I upped my booze intake. Have lost 1lb but the other 2 have stuck like glue for the last 3 weeks. Ages till wedding so it will suddenly kick start and the 2lbs will just suddenly go. Fingers crossed! Hugsx

poshtotty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good luck! I gained 3lbs when it was my birthday and I upped my booze intake. Have lost 1lb but the other 2 have stuck like glue for the last 3 weeks. Ages till wedding so it will suddenly kick start and the 2lbs will just suddenly go. Fingers crossed! Hugsx

Thanks @Scandichic . I'm sick of seeing the same numbers on the scales. I even thought there might be something wrong with them!! Unfortunately its a bit more than 2lbs - would like to lose 6-7lbs to give myself a bit of leeway over Christmas. Good luck with yours too. Hugs back at ya

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I would like to bet the bullet proof coffee is the culprit. Personally I would swap to a normal breakfast.

Good luck and fingers crossed!

Reactions: 2 people

poshtotty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I would like to bet the bullet proof coffee is the culprit. Personally I would swap to a normal breakfast.

Good luck and fingers crossed!

Thank you @Bluetit1802 As I'm away on business at the moment, I won't be able to have my Bullet Proof coffee so will have the hotel breakfast and test your theory while weaning myself of the coffee :(

Reactions: 2 people

modesty007

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
You could consindered upping you cals for 3-5 days then lower them, sometimes it helps to shock/rock the body a bit.