Patricia21

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Animal crualty
Whats everyone doing on Christmas Day?
My son and grandson will be with us,and my son enjoys doing the cooking.I have got Christmas Jumpers for us all.
On the 30th of December we go to Abu Dhabi to spend the New Year with other family.

Reactions: 12 people

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes

On the 30th of December we go to Abu Dhabi to spend the New Year with other family.
Bragging or complaining? Lol!

Quietist one at home with the family! Boxing Day footie!!!

Reactions: 5 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
For the past couple of years it has changed, so quiet now. My daughter and I take a taxi up to see my dad for a few hours, cook a meal and then walk back before it gets dark. Weather permitting, so hoping for a nice sunny and frosty day.

RRB

Reactions: 8 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Same as ever at chez Bluetit. Me and hubby, our daughter, son-in-law and 2 grandchildren (aged 16 and 19), their dog, our dog. We still pile the kid's pressies in black bin bags and hide them in the utility room, despite their ages. Our pressies are all under the tree. Santa is alive and well in our house. Surprise table presents for everyone. No TV, no computers, no phones. Good food, good wine, twinkling lights. Hubby always cooks. I lay the festive table! The men take the dogs a short walk. The girls have an excuse as they have their best clothes on. Family leaves about 7 leaving us old codgers to slob infront of the TV with more wine. Bliss.

Reactions: 17 people

Nuthead

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Same as ever at chez Bluetit. Me and hubby, our daughter, son-in-law and 2 grandchildren (aged 16 and 19), their dog, our dog. We still pile the kid's pressies in black bin bags and hide them in the utility room, despite their ages. Our pressies are all under the tree. Santa is alive and well in our house. Surprise table presents for everyone. No TV, no computers, no phones. Good food, good wine, twinkling lights. Hubby always cooks. I lay the festive table! The men take the dogs a short walk. The girls have an excuse as they have their best clothes on. Family leaves about 7 leaving us old codgers to slob infront of the TV with more wine. Bliss.
Be round for breakfast :hilarious:

Reactions: 6 people

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
We'll have no family with us for the first time in a few years. We're planning a big Christmas Eve with the neighbours and then a "forget all diets" day on Christmas day with plenty of champagne...

Reactions: 6 people

izzzi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My son and grandson will be with us,and my son enjoys doing the cooking.I have got Christmas Jumpers for us all.
Have a great time in Abu Dhabi :)

Reactions: 2 people

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
Son is coming down from London on 23rd or 24th, daughter still lives at home, so it will be the four of us plus 4/5 cats. Cooked breakfast, pressies with champagne, Christmas dinner late afternoon - probably crash in front of the TV in the evening.

Reactions: 4 people

Patricia21

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Animal crualty
Thank you Izzzy,My eldest daughter and her family also my eldest son and family live there,cant wait to see them,also have some sun.

Reactions: 2 people

Nuthead

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
At home for a traditional Christmas. Daughter and son could be working, subject to Rota. Ham and eggs for breakfast. Turkey blowout for lunch. "Oh no not more food" for tea. Going to try and be a good Nuthead and keep away from the suger and carb laden yummy stuff. I think madjool dates could be my downfall. (AgaIn) :oops:.

Reactions: 7 people

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
A quiet day spent with my wife and kids, no other family round this year which makes a change so will be relaxing and having a few glasses of wine with my meal, on Christmas Eve we plan on buying some Chinese food in :)

Reactions: 5 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Son will be home from uni and will no doubt insist on a stocking which I leave outside of bedroom door. Last few years it's still there when I get up as late nights and Santa don't mix !!! Probably off to parents in Newcastle so will have to rush round to get there for lunch and then drive home again in evening. This year my grandad says he won't be coming down to eat with us which is sad so I'll have to pop in and see him and maybe take him his dinner - he's 95 just before Xmas so I think it's all too much for him now. We'll have usual turkey dinner and I'll cook my own turkey and sausage eat etc either Xmas eve or Boxing Day - I'm not fussed on the turkey dinner but like it cold with chips and curry sauce on Boxing Day so that will be my day off piste, albeit smaller portions of chips than usual.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
We will have had the new puppy for just 6 days by then, so we won't be leaving her alone for more than a few mins at a time.

The plan is that I stay home while Mr B fetches his parents round for a drink, then chauffeurs them to other family houses for present exchange.

When he gets back, I will spend an entire 15 mins in the kitchen, frying some fabulous steak from our local butcher. Serve it with green salad, Stilton and caramelised onion.

The rest of the day will probably be a film fest, since it is the first year in 3 that Mr B hasn't done a long shift.
(Broken hourly by widdle trips out to the garden)
I'm really looking forward to it. :happy:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 13 people

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
Christmas Day ...I shall be walking my dogs early as going to my sons for Christmas dinner then depending on the weather will be walking the dogs again....

poshtotty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My first ever Christmas as a grandma :) The children (35, 32 and 24!) usually come home for Christmas but with my son's wedding in January they are all coming home the weekend before Christmas, including my daughter and baby. Then I'm going to fly back with my daughter and the baby to spend Christmas week with them. I've hired a holiday cottage so I can cook Christmas lunch for us all and share baby's first Christmas with her.

I'll miss my log fire and the 8ft pine Christmas tree we usually have at home but will put up an artificial one in the cottage and serve our usual smoked salmon and champagne and perhaps my traditional homemade cranberry and orange muffins straight out of the oven on Christmas morning and whatever I can pick up in a supermarket sweep when we arrive on the island!

Hopefully there'll be some invigorating country or beach walks pushing a pram or walking their dog

Its going to be different, perhaps a bit challenging, but very, very special

Reactions: 10 people

Nuthead

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
We will have had the new puppy for just 6 days by then, so we won't be leaving her alone for more than a few mins at a time.

The plan is that I stay home while Mr B fetches his parents round for a drink, then chauffeurs them to other family houses for present exchange.

When he gets back, I will spend an entire 15 mins in the kitchen, frying some fabulous steak from our local butcher. Serve it with green salad, Stilton and caramelised onion.

The rest of the day will probably be a film fest, since it is the first year in 3 that Mr B hasn't done a long shift.
(Broken hourly by widdle trips out to the garden)
I'm really looking forward to it. :happy:
I hope you mean the puppy ??:rolleyes:

Reactions: 11 people

dtennant9

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
We will be going to my in-laws who only live around the corner for our Christmas meal.

This is our sons third Christmas so it will probably be the first one that he gets really excited.

Then got our sons 3rd birthday on the 28th so the Christmas cards will all be down by then.

Reactions: 9 people