Are meal replacement shakes ok for Diabetes Type 2?

beardie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
So why this? "Still a yes from me, providing the diet is very low calorie"

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
I suppose it's possible a packet of processed chemicals and sugar is healthier than eggs and meat...I'd need to see some proof though before I'd believe it.

Back to the difference between you and me then.
I would believe my body, and my BG readings.
I wouldn't really give a monkeys if someone on the internet told me I was wrong.
They'd still be talking b******s

beardie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I wouldn't really give a monkeys if someone on the internet told me I was wrong.
Fortunately I believed people on the internet and Am now at a level which seems like cured.

Reactions: 2 people

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
So why this? "Still a yes from me, providing the diet is very low calorie"

Because it worked, for me, when I tried it
I would guess you read it wouldn't, and didn't try it for yourself?

I find I believe my personal experience, and n find just as many yes/no's on the internet.

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Fortunately I believed people on the internet and Am now at a level which seems like cured.

Excellent result for you.

I'm not yet decided.

I need to try donuts again, are you ok on them?

was it the Newcastle diet for you as well?

GerryOB

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well I'm still taking them and they don't seem to be having any adverse affects on my BG levels, which always seem to be in the bracket advised to me by the Diabetic nurse (ie between 4 - 8). I used to be a big calorie/sugar eater but have literally thrown that way of eating out. I let myself have a small treat once a day. Today it was four malteesers. In days gone by, it would have been a large 'share' pack, which I 'shared' with myself :oops:. I could eat several bags of crisps in a day too. Now I don't eat crisps, nor do I miss them. I'm still very confused with regards to what I can and can't eat though, but on the plus side, I've lost nearly a stone this month :happy:. First time in years that I have lost weight.

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables
Sorry, enjoy your chemicals and sugar then. Sounds very nutritious and healthy.

Denthezen

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Carbohydrates are turned into glucose in your body. It is not about sugar it is about carbohydrates
I eat whole meal bread and pasta, don't eat deserts, biscuits, chocolate or sweets. My last hba1c was 6.0 never had a fasting morning BG reading higher than 6.9

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables
I eat whole meal bread and pasta, don't eat deserts, biscuits, chocolate or sweets. My last hba1c was 6.0 never had a fasting morning BG reading higher than 6.9
The point was that it doesn't really matter if you eat whole meal bread or straight table sugar. It's the amount that matters as the whole meal bread turns into glucose. Actually, table sugar is half fructose and half glucose, so it will raise your blood sugar less than bread will.