Christmas Day

Snowy12

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Tuna,People spitting on the floor and ironing.
Like others have said spending quality time with my family,going to my parents house for dinner,stay in my pjs most of the day and explain to my son why bits are missing and we will need to take it back happens every year
image.jpg

Reactions: 5 people
K

Kat100

So it is nearly Christmas ...have a lovely time planning your day everyone ...
Just me and Tom, we have a cosy say ....a walk in the morning , then some bolly , and a few nibbles ...very nice ..
A nice meal of course .... :)
A few Santa gifts ...must go shopping again :)
I had triffle last Christmas and I will have one this year ....yum
And I should be making a ginger cake ...very festive ...
And I love tv at Christmas ....we record so much to watch over the festive days ...
What we always do every Christmas morning is make sure all the birds and any wildlife are well fed in the garden ...they get extra treats ...
In the afternoon I love lighting candles lots of candles ......and then it will,be downtown abbey ...the Christmas day version ...love it ...

Reactions: 12 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh yes, we always look after the garden birds and they also get treats on Christmas morning. If it snows they are so vulnerable. Look at these two sweeties all fluffed up against the cold. Who could resist helping them out.

robin dunnock 033.jpg

Reactions: 13 people

Snowy12

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Oh yes, we always look after the garden birds and they also get treats on Christmas morning. If it snows they are so vulnerable. Look at these two sweeties all fluffed up against the cold. Who could resist helping them out.

View attachment 8454
Oh I do love a robin I have 4 now in my garden 2 are still baby looking,they look like little fluff balls,there legs are so thin.

izzzi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just me and Tom, we have a cosy say ....a walk in the morning , then some bolly , and a few nibbles ...very nice ..
And I love tv at Christmas ....we record so much to watch over the festive days ...
What we always do every Christmas morning is make sure all the birds and any wildlife are well fed in the garden ...they get extra treats ...
In the afternoon I love lighting candles lots of candles ......and then it will,be downtown abbey ...the Christmas day version ...love it ...
never herd " then some bolly" is that a wee drink :)

Reactions: 4 people
C

chris lowe

Son is coming down from London on 23rd or 24th, daughter still lives at home, so it will be the four of us plus 4/5 cats. Cooked breakfast, pressies with champagne, Christmas dinner late afternoon - probably crash in front of the TV in the evening.
4/5 cats - have you lost count of them?

C

chris lowe

I think I'm the only person who's never watched Downton

Reactions: 2 people
C

chris lowe

Been invited over to sons house for dinner, with his partner and her mum, kpartner and brother. First time of meeting so a bit nervous :nailbiting: Then need to judge when we can leave as Santa is bringing me Leonard Cohen Live in Dublin DVD so I will want to get back and play it. Seen the Crhistmas day line up and it's the usual dire stuff (no Laughing Len is not dire!)

Reactions: 3 people

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
and then it will,be downtown abbey ...the Christmas day version ...love it ...

We love Downton Abbey too, do you think Tom Branson will go to America? Last years Christmas special wasn't as good as the year before where Matthew Crawley met his maker.

Reactions: 2 people
C

chris lowe

We love Downton Abbey too, do you think Tom Branson will go to America? Last years Christmas special wasn't as good as the year before where Matthew Crawley met his maker.
Isis the dog (and I know his name 'cos I've read it in the tv listings) turns out to be a taliban dog in disguise and they all get blown up when he disguises himself as a st bernard fits a suicide bomb in his brandy barrel!

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people

Snowy12

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Makes 3 lol I have never watched downtown abbey either
image.jpg

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people

An enchanting day :joyful:

Janiept

Expert
This got me thinking about Christmases past.

One of the best was when we went to a meeting laid on for pensioners who live alone and cooked them lunch, served it to them and then helped giving out pressies to all 150 of them. Gave out lots of cuddles that day too and it was wonderful.

One of the worst was when the labrador noticed the turkey resting on the side on the kitchen, and silly me had drunk too much bubbly and needed a quick loo dash. Yep, there was no turkey that year except for the dog. Oops!

Reactions: 6 people

Snowy12

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
This got me thinking about Christmases past.

One of the best was when we went to a meeting laid on for pensioners who live alone and cooked them lunch, served it to them and then helped giving out pressies to all 150 of them. Gave out lots of cuddles that day too and it was wonderful.

One of the worst was when the labrador noticed the turkey resting on the side on the kitchen, and silly me had drunk too much bubbly and needed a quick loo dash. Yep, there was no turkey that year except for the dog. Oops!
It is loving looking back at old times,lol at the dog did it have a belly ache.

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
4/5 cats - have you lost count of them?

Lol, not at all, we officially have 4 and our neighbours have 4. The cats think they live in a family of 8 on an estate with two principal dwellings (aka feeding places). One of theirs currently spends most of his time at ours.

Reactions: 7 people

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hi @alisdair welcome to the forum.

If you have a look around you will find a thread on the 14/15 football season started by @semiphonic.

I for my sins support The Superwhites, Tranmere Rovers. Will be there with two of my sons, three grandkids and other relatives. We are taking lucky heather and a prayer mat!
We really need it!