Petition to make the Freestyle Libre available through the NHS

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
Reactions: 2 people
H

Hooked

Also worth remembering that you should still finger prick test if levels are rapidly changing, you suspect a hypo or are going to bolus. The Libre doesn't mean no finger prick testing as results aren't always accurate.

Parkin

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I tried to buy one as told not being funded by NHS but told Abbott will not have stock until early 2015

Spicey245

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Working full time, fairground rides or anything which makes too much adrenaline!
I too have signed this today!! :)

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
It is available already from some CCG's.

smc4761

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dear Type 1 sufferers,

In an attempt to help my daughter and all those who test their blood several times every day of their life, may we ask you to follow the link below and sign the petition to make the Freestyle Libre Monitoring System available on the NHS. Many thanks for your support!

http://you.38degrees.org.uk/petitions/freestyle-libre-on-the-nhs

I have been diabetic for over 34 years and having something like this has always been my dream. I have tended not to keep too abreast of things diabetic related, laziness on my part, but this site is wonderful for bringing this to my attention.

Could I please ask that all on here sign this petition and hopefully with the support we can all have access to this to make our lives so much easier.

All signed and posted on my Facebook as well

Last edited by a moderator:

Gaz-M

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
baked beans
deffo needs a bump and a few more to sign

richyb

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Cold weather
signed it. I have purchased one and am in my 3rd day with it. not totally accurate but quite good so far. Sensors expensive though. In only my 3rd day I am looking at graph and avoided a high today due to slight change which this showed.
was good during night as a simple scan showed I was low, without even turning the light on

RoseofSharon

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Omnipod

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It should be free for all diabetics. Since I been on the FL, my sugars are controlled and in 1.5 years, I have been to my GP once only. I have had my 6 month diabetes clinic and 2 eye scans. I have not even had the flu and my complications have reversed. Long term, I have been less of a burden on the NHS and saved them money.