Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
everything was fine. No sign of glaucoma, optic nerve looks fine, retina fine- missed one on fields vision but I blinked a few times as eye sore and he said it was fine anyway- new reading specs to collect Monday that match my hair( purple) and hopefully the eye pain I've been having for ages will stop- otherwise it's not my eyes and could be neuralgia or cluster headaches and need to see GP not optician. He even said I looked thinner ( I see him lot in the coffee shop I frequent!)
BS up a bit after appointment so treats may have to wait till tomorrow or consist of a 1lb of cheese! Thanks for asking xxx

Pleased to hear that CE. What a relief. The cheese sounds good enough to me.

Reactions: 6 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Glad the eyes are AOK. The cheese treat sounds fine to me ;). Lancashire? Congrats on the weight loss, so nice when people notice :)

Strong cheddar I think. Or some double Gloucester with chives. Tbh I was too full after my dinner so just had a babybel tonight. Cheese fest tomorrow - well a lump or two as still want to shift another stone and a bit

Reactions: 4 people
S

Sable_Jan

I'm currently on medication for my ulcer (2 x Lansoprazole daily) Matter of fact I've had to stop taking them today, you can't take them 2 weeks before having the Urea Breath test. The test checks for a bacteria called H. Pylori, which if I'm found positive it may have caused the ulcer. The test also checks for other gastric conditions!! If I'm diagnosed with H.Pylori & it is the cause of my ulcer the initial treatment is 2 different courses of antibiotics, back on the Lansoprazole & hopefully that will be it. So it's just a bit of a waiting game ATM, I'm stuck in Limbo Land it feels! (Hope it explains a bit though)

My BG level on waking this morning was 19.2, skipped breakfast. Level 2 hours after lunch, (cheese omelette & handful of Walnuts) 16.9. Checked my Ketones as I've got the Ketostix sticks from my GP & was showing Faible, GL,0.15.

It's now almost Tea time & don't have a clue what to have or what I fancy. In fact I'd love a take away of anything, any ideas anyone?

Hope everyone is well & having a good day.
Poor you, you are going through the mill. Hope you're soon feeling better. Two weeks to wait before your test is a long time :( to wait. Hope you found something tasty for tea. Cheesy scrambled eggs are nice - I usually scramble then crumble in Lancashire cheese in biggish bits then stir through. I guess feta would be nice too (had some for the first time last nite) are you restricted greasy/ spicy foods cos of your ulcer?

Reactions: 2 people

Mandingo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning all 5.4 on waking.
I've got my first scheduled eye examination this morning.

Reactions: 13 people

JohnD54

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rice
5.0 another in my normal morning range, another sleepless night, but doesn't seem to have any effect on BG levels.

Hey ho another day another dollar off to work.

Have a great day all.

Reactions: 14 people

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Blood sugar 6.8 this morning. Spoke to Asthma nurse yesterday advised me to take peak flow 4 times a day a up ventolin to 4 times a day. Here come the shakes:rolleyes:
I see her next week and might be changing or adding nighttime inhealer
Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Reactions: 10 people

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Out of nowhere an unusually high 6,8 fasting level for me this morning ( tested twice).

All I can think of is increased work related stress and disturbed sleep last night.

One hour's 5,5 km walk brought my levels down to a more typical 5,6 mmol.

Will need to monitor levels more closely today.

Look after yourselves everyone!

Pavlos

Reactions: 18 people

connie104

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.7 this morning off to doctors to get latest blood result . Pouring with rain but still beautiful sunrise .
ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1417072520.327189.jpg

Reactions: 11 people

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
4.9 for me this morning- had gone to bed on 4.8. Off for my last day of this season in the office, only me in today so it's going to feel very strange !!

Reactions: 13 people
Status
Not open for further replies.