Re-heated pasta reduces the carbs

Nightwishing1984

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yes the spike was 7 and the first time I had eaten Weetabix (and add the last time too) since monitoring.

So not too sound stupid, the chickpea curry meal only increased my 2hr levels by 0.3 this is a good meal to have again?

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
have the chickpea curry and throw away the wheetbix,
...nonstarch-veggi frittata for breakfast is good, cook a big tray or pan and slice up and freeze, microwave when you want, or take frozen to work for lunch

Reactions: 4 people

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes the spike was 7 and the first time I had eaten Weetabix (and add the last time too) since monitoring.

So not too sound stupid, the chickpea curry meal only increased my 2hr levels by 0.3 this is a good meal to have again?

Actually, you are not stupid at all.
You are following the standard directions to base every meal on carbs.

The stupid part is that anyone suggests this is a good thing for blood glucose issues!

So, worry not.
Just lower your carbs and start to feel better.
:)
And welcome to being in charge of your body, not it being in charge of you.
:happy:

Reactions: 6 people

angua

I tried the reheated pasta after 2 hours bs; 8.7 and I don't know why I tested again but I did and after 3 hours it had gone up to 11.2 :( Very scary since normally I try to top out at 7.5

Reactions: 2 people

Nightwishing1984

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well althought it went down 0.3 last night... this mornings readings are 2.9 higher than when I went to bed
Delayed reaction (or I have been sleep eating ;) )
So wholemeal pasta is a no ...

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well althought it went down 0.3 last night... this mornings readings are 2.9 higher than when I went to bed
Delayed reaction (or I have been sleep eating ;) )
So wholemeal pasta is a no ...
dawn phenomenon AKA liver dump is the cause for the morning rise, this will settle as your insulin resistance reduces

Gudrun

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hmmm.. probably a lot less than stuff I like
I tried the reheated pasta after 2 hours bs; 8.7 and I don't know why I tested again but I did and after 3 hours it had gone up to 11.2 :( Very scary since normally I try to top out at 7.5
For some meals (high carb meals) the rise is slow, but steady and it may take 3 (or even more hours) before the final spike. Happened to me also once (although can't remember what I eat).

beardie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well this evening (and I even tested twice) I had

Wholemeal pasta (al dente) leftover chicken, bacon, red onion, passata and a bit of cheese on baked in the oven....

Before reading was 11.3 and 2hr after 11.0 I tested twice to make sure....

Last night meal chickpea curry with 4tbsp wholemeal rice 15.5 and after 15.8

So this morning 11.8 porridge and 17.2 (so that's a no, on my menu)
Lunch chip shop fish (did not eat batter) mushy peas and about 10 chips 9.6 to 13.3 (something was wrong with meal)
Then evening meal as above....

Is it normal for the 2hr after reading to be lower than before ..... confused!!
I also find al dente helps.