Trying to conceive with diabetes type 1

Annie24

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello

I have been diabetic since 2012. Dont have children but would love to conceive. Taking Novomix 30, 12 units per day, hba1c is 6, BMI 19. Been trying for a baby for the last 2 years but no luck. Anyone with a similar problem?

sharonlmartin

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It's a good while ago now for me, diagnosed Type 1 at the age of 9, married aged 23, tried for a baby for 2 years no luck, saw GP sent to infertility low and behold fell pregnant before any treatment started. We now have 4, was told by my GP a good chance we'd never have children :mad: Have you spoken to your GP or diabetic nurse?

Reactions: 2 people

shedges

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi @Annie24 - don't just assume the lack of conception is down to yourself and due to diabetes. There are loads of factors that can play a part. After two years of trying you are more than entitled to help from the NHS - get to your GP and they'll refer you. There's every chance it's not down to you too.

Reactions: 2 people

Annie24

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Thank you for your reply. Yes im from Croatia but lived in England for 8 years so i know what is health service like over there.. Well better in every way than in Croatia. All i know about diabetes is from internet and my dad who died from diabetic complication.

My diabetes is well controlled and im getting there with food and exercise. Trying to conceive so doing all kind of tests at my gynocologist so hopefully everything will be ok.

Thank you ladies

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Hello Annie and welcome to the forum. I was diagnosed Type 1 in 189 and I had my daughter 14 years ago aged 42 1/2 years. So never give up, and if you are concerned or worried about fertility, is there a clinic/hospital your GP could refer you to ?

Good luck and est wishes

RRB:)

Annie24

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Been visiting my GO and doing tests at a fertility clinic, so hopefully i will get good results... Thank you people!