Foot Pain

martwolves

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Dislikes
Selfish people, arseholes who think they know it all, ignoramuses, chavs and people with no manners. People who play music on the bus or train full blast on their phones.
Does anyone have any advice for pins and needles and numbness and generally uncomfortable feet? I use flexitol and foot cream, but keep getting soreness on the side of my big toe. I've changed my shoes to a wider style which has helped a little. Any advice or experiences is most welcome. It impacts slightly on my balance too. Thank you in anticipation.
Hello to the folk who may remember me, it's been a while. I hope you're doing ok ;).

Reactions: 2 people
C

catherinecherub

Hello @martwolves and welcome back to the forum.

I haven't got any suggestions other than it might be an idea to see your G.P. to rule out anything diabetes related.

kbow

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Generic treatment
Hello @martwolves, its really important that you get the temperature of your feet checked by a competent podiatrist who has a knowledge of diabetes, my husband unfortunately had to go outside of the NHS for this but at least he got the correct diagnosis. Hope this helps

desidiabulum

Hi. Welcome back. I would definitely get a podiatrist referral. Not just to make sure that there isn't a diabetic link -- there can also be mechanical reasons why nerves are being trapped that can cause the same problems, and if you have been changing the way you walk to compensate then you can develop pains in knee, hip etc, which proper orthotics could prevent. Good luck